Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Computer for processing photos and gaming

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol
    FishyFrags wrote: »
    lol

What's so funny?
    Oh nothing.

I've been asking the same question on a foum where I'm getting the PC from. And they say that I don't 'reinstall Windows'. Its a daft thing to say guys.

I will consider buying a 2nd Hard Disc or an SSD in the future, but not right now as I've spent enough and I need a computer desk and speakers yet. Also I need to pay for AC4 Skull Edition when it gets released.

Edit: I'm a nice guy in real life
    I've been asking the same question on a foum where I'm getting the PC from. And they say that I don't 'reinstall Windows'. Its a daft thing to say guys.

This has to be an act. There's no way someone could be this fucking dense.

What we are saying is that IF YOU BUY AN SSD LATER YOU WILL HAVE TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON IT, NOT THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL IT ON THE PC YOU BOUGHT.

Edit: I'm a nice guy in real life

very hard to believe
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Okay, think there's been a slight miscommunication here, and it's got personal.

Let's move on.
    JPick wrote: »
    Okay, think there's been a slight miscommunication here, and it's got personal.

Let's move on.

No it hasn't. Just can't be bothered really and I shouldn't have posted anything on here
    He could copy Windows onto the SSD at a later date by cloning the drive, would just depend how much space was used. I would personally reinstall Windows, just to move games/unimportant software onto the second drive to free the space, just to be generally cleaner.
    wouldn't a straight copy fuck up the registry though
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Whowhere wrote: »
    wouldn't a straight copy fuck up the registry though
    Not if it was a drive clone like the above poster said. But that would transfer everything to the new drive, and it may not have room for it.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    He could copy Windows onto the SSD at a later date by cloning the drive, would just depend how much space was used. I would personally reinstall Windows, just to move games/unimportant software onto the second drive to free the space, just to be generally cleaner.

Long time til I consider doing it. But I'd do this
    ..... considering this, there might be certain files on the 1st drive so I won't be able to move all the files on to the 2nd.