Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Premature ejaculation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any one got any tips on how I can solve this problem as it is ruining my sex life...what I have!
I can't help and dont have much control but I seem to ejaculate as soon as I enter my partner or after a few strokes and although in the past, its not been a problem for some women for others its a big deal.
I'd love to know if any of you had a problem like this in the past and how did you manage to solve it?
It's driving me crazy! :no:

Comments

• *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hi kimmler

I can absolutely guarantee you that lots of other guys have this problem, you're not the only one. However, as you can imagine, lots of guys don't shout about it from the rooftops so it's easy to worry it's just you. It's really not.

Have you read our article about premature ejaculation? It's got some useful tips in there on things you can try to maybe last a bit longer. They can be a good starting point. And, if you don't find them helpful, you can go chat to your GP or a sex clinic to get a little deeper into what's causing it. It's natural to find the thought of that a bit cringe, but it is a really common issue and they'll be used to having men come in about it.

I hope the article helps.

Holly
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try the condoms with the desensitising cream in them.
    As a girl I don't have any first-hand experience of this, but a few chats in the past with friends have led to it being mentioned.
    A few guys I know have said that if they are on their own it is very hard to stop, but to try if you can - like, getting close and then giving yourself five or ten minutes to calm down before starting again. You mentioned your partner in your original post, I would imagine it can be easier with a partner helping/doing this for you, so maybe try talking to them about it? I wouldn't recommend doing it all the time or anything, but it might help you build up some stamina over time.
    Best of luck!
    Two words-Tactical wank :thumb:
    AKA:K wrote: »
    As a girl I don't have any first-hand experience of this, but a few chats in the past with friends have led to it being mentioned.
    A few guys I know have said that if they are on their own it is very hard to stop, but to try if you can - like, getting close and then giving yourself five or ten minutes to calm down before starting again. You mentioned your partner in your original post, I would imagine it can be easier with a partner helping/doing this for you, so maybe try talking to them about it? I wouldn't recommend doing it all the time or anything, but it might help you build up some stamina over time.
    Best of luck!

Thanks AKA, the trouble is that once it happens, I'm finished with everything for the evening that way. So I really need to work on building up my stamina so that I last longer.
    Thanks for wishing me luck.