Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Update :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys!

So... I don't know if I have been missed but I haven't logged onto here for probably about four months... I know it was when I was still in England. I thought you may all like an update from me :)

I have been living abroad (Canada) for the last few months and loving it. I haven't felt this happy and awesome in like, for ever?! Before I came I was worried that I may end up in dark places with less support options (not that I have ever taken any in the UK, but just the knowledge they are there is good) so things may go badly. Thankfully it is the complete opposite. I have only missed home twice, and both times a good cry and a good nights sleep rectified the situation!

Have got myself a job, it's early days but so far I am loving it. I get paid less, but they are strict about me only doing the hours I am contracted to do. That is a massive bonus to my last workplace, where we were treated like crap. I have myself a friend with benefits... so all is good on that front. I have smoked more weed than I thought possible (it's seriously everywhere here and people seem to turn a blind eye to it mostly...). I have settled down temporarily but know I can easily up sticks and do more travelling around Canada. I travelled a bit before I settled down in my current town/city. I love the thought that I have freedom, and my plan is tht there is no plan!

We had our first snowfall today, though not very much snow actually fell too.

I may return to lurking here, though the time difference makes things a bit delayed (apart from for you night owls out there!) as I am seven hours behind you guys.

That was a quick update! You aren't forgotten TheSite and amazing people!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello :wave:

Really glad to hear you're loving being in Canada and doing well.

Oh, I'm up for you sending me stuff from where you work :p
    That's great news
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Amazing to hear from you and how well things are going.

Do keep us posted :d
    I did wonder why you'd gone quiet. It's nice to hear from you. :)
    Man, I want to go to Canada too.

Sounds great.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Sounds great, enjoy!