Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I don't like it (even though it's socially unacceptable to admit it)

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
There are 21 things on buzzfeed that are apparently socially unacceptable not to like.

I have to say, I do actually like most of them (or at least don't actively dislike any).

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jaredrcohen/21-things-that-are-socially-unacceptable-to-admit-bi6h

The one that springs to mind that's my own though is Will Smith in Fresh Prince - he's the only bad thing about that show. :razz: I've taken some wrap in live chat for this already...

What are yours?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bacon!
    The Beatles (I mentioned this to my wife the other day and she nearly murdered me for crimes against music).
    I just don't get what the fuss is about, and I'm fucking sick of Paul McCartney singing Hey Jude every chance he gets.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    The Beatles (I mentioned this to my wife the other day and she nearly murdered me for crimes against music).
    I just don't get what the fuss is about, and I'm fucking sick of Paul McCartney singing Hey Jude every chance he gets.

I do like The Beatles; but I can see why others don't.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen. Mostly because it's so over played.
    I hate the dark knight trilogy.

it's not on the list but I actually really really dislike cats which everyone seems to see as weird :)
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Grease.

Had to perform it as a kid and now can't even look at hair gel or leather jackets without wanting to wretch..!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

it's not on the list but I actually really really dislike cats which everyone seems to see as weird :)

Oh my days, that should SO be on the list. It's literally a sin to dislike cats!
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    With him on cheese and pizza. Get that *all* the time!
    JPick wrote: »
    Grease.

Had to perform it as a kid and now can't even look at hair gel or leather jackets without wanting to wretch..!

I will need evidence of this. For science*.

*blackmail fodder.

Not on the list, but:

Tea
    Coffee
    Red wine
    Olives

Nice to see I'm not alone on both of these things.
    Nutella, peanut butter not on list! :no:
    Coffee and the bizarre fetish cult that has grown around it.

The notion, nay FACT, that Rocky Balboa is actually the villain of Rocky IV and Ivan Drago is the real hero of the film.

Cats & Dogs. Can't stand them.

Have I Got News For You. Ten years past its sell by date. Like The Simpsons.
    **helen** wrote: »
    Oh my days, that should SO be on the list. It's literally a sin to dislike cats!

haha, apparently so! I just really don't like them...they're annoying, get hair over everything and mither you. I don't even think they're cute. give me dogs or babies anyday :D
    haha, apparently so! I just really don't like them...they're annoying, get hair over everything and mither you. I don't even think they're cute. give me dogs or babies anyday :D

I much prefer cats to babies.
    Infinite. wrote: »

Have I Got News For You. Ten years past its sell by date. Like The Simpsons.

I can't let go of HIGNFY. I'm with you on the Simpsons though. Where do you stand on South Park going into its 17th season?
    Disney films! Whenever I mention that the only Disney cartoon I've ever seen is the Aristocats, and that was at the age of 18, and I'm not that bothered about watching any others, people act like I just shat on their rug.
    Lots of people admit to not liking dogs, but for some reason, you can't be on the internet unless you love shitty cats. I don't get the internet love for bacon, either.

I support others not liking chocolate or pizza. More for me! *oink*
    Off that list: the Beatles (no they did not invent popular music), the dark knight (only saw the first and didn't even get it- all superhero films for that matter), grease ( don't even go there), star wars

Also TV show House
    The Great British Bake Off is dull as ditchwater. So is Victoria Coren.

There. I said it.
    Friends.
    Russell Brand.

Charlie Brooker in anything other than the most minute quantities.

Fat people's excuses for being fat.
    Russell Brand.

He got a lot of love on twitter last night for his BBCQT performance...

Not everyone feels so enamoured by him though, some people think he's not just daft but dangerous.
    He got a lot of love on twitter last night for his BBCQT performance...

Not everyone feels so enamoured by him though, some people think he's not just daft but dangerous.

I haven't watched him on BBQT yet. I suspect he'll make me sad when watching that. His Paxman interview was laughable.

I make a point of doing something- anything- else than watching BBC Question Time, so haven't seen him and have no desire to. I get quite enough of wankers shouting at bellsniffs in the rest of my life.

As for what he says being dangerous: no, no it isn't. Standing as a candidate costs £500, which you don't get back if you don't get a large vote; that's £500 most of us commoners do not, and never will, have spare. So that's not an option. The idea of forming a new political party and getting anywhere is laughably naive, too; even a party as popular and widely supported as the Greens can only manage one MP, and UKIP can't even manage that.

Voting only encourages the bastards, voting only gives an illusion of choice (and it isn't even enough to be an illusion most of the time). The political classes do not exist for our benefit; one only has to walk up the Bishop's Avenue in Finchley to see that. If voting changed anything it would not be permitted.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    AR I think you forgot subway. :)
    Weekender Offender 
    The Great British Bake Off is dull as ditchwater. So is Victoria Coren.

There. I said it.

Good luck getting another invite to our house ;)

From the list, I don't like Grease, never seen Seinfeld, and although I do enjoy Bohemian Rhapsody I've never seen Wayne's World.

(Also, sometimes Radio 4 comedy isn't very funny.)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I love cats but I can easily see why some people may dislike them.
    From the thread title, I was expecting things like "foreigners."

I thought the Dark Knight trilogy was okay, but only the middle one was a great film.
    Love chocolate, but only milk chocolate, and not chocolate-flavoured things.
    Grease is shit.
    Ketchup isn't great.
    Never read Harry Potter because I'm an adult. But I only liked the first one of the films I watched.
    Pizza is disgusting. It even smells disgusting.
    Cheese is fine. That stuff that often masquerades as cheese isn't.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Not a fan of chocolate.
    Hate JD.
    Weekender Offender 
    Get this all the time as a vegan.
    "Do you want some *insert animal product here*?"
    "Oh no thank you"
    "WHY NOT?!"
    "Oh, I'm vegan"
    "WTF HOW CAN YOU DO THAT JUST TRY THIS TINY BIT OF BACON! IT'S SO TASTY"

Also, don't like star wars and a few other things on the list. Don't particularly like parties, would prefer to be on my own. I'm such a boring person :lol:

Not on the list, but I can't stand Jimmy Carr. He ruins every show he's on.
    I'm not keen on parties either.