Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Victoria coach station

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello Londoners :p

Okay so I am getting a coach on Friday, no idea where the coach station is. I arrive to Victoria on the southern rail platforms (near lush) be very grateful for directions!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's further than they tell you it is. As in, it's a good 15 minute walk.

My advice would be to see if you can get a bus (i expect yes, but not 100%). I'll see if I can find info for you later on.
    I don't remember it being too far but allow half an hour to be on the safe side and so you arrive early. There are signs to it which you can follow to Departures. If you get stuck just ask :)
    Shit I thought it was a few minutes!! If my trains delayed at all I'll miss my coach. Which way is it when you leave the station? Thanks guys :)
    Shit I thought it was a few minutes!! If my trains delayed at all I'll miss my coach. Which way is it when you leave the station? Thanks guys :)

If I remember rightly you go left out of the station, but as clem says there are signs. Then you just keep on walking down one road for what feels like a fucking lifetime. Victoria coach station is fairly simple to navigate though.

Just checked and this bus takes two minutes:

Bus
    Victoria Station
    Take the Route Bus 211 from Stop: G
    towards Hammersmith
    Pay Before You Board

You can double check on the tfl website for the day and time you're traveling.
    I would walk personally, because there's often roadworks around Victoria and if the bus gets snarled up in that, or you get one going the wrong way, you'll definitely miss your coach! Victoria is also a ballache to get a bus from, there's about a million bus stops.

Map from TfL

The map assumes you come out the back of the station (i.e. head towards the Gatwick Express platforms, up the escalator, through the station) but that is quickest. It will probably be 15 mins platform-coach station but from building to building is only about 5. It's a confusing bit of London, make sure you have a map with you!
    Thanks guys! Hoping I can do it, I've never ventured around/outside victoria before, I only ever go there to get the tube to somewhere else but hopefully it'll be okay. Megan found me a video on youtube of someone walking from victoria to the coach station so I'll watch that before I leave! :lol:
    There's plenty of stuff on the TfL website, you can find it all here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1210.aspx

It's not too hard to find, but definitely allow 20-30 minutes to get off your train and get to the coach station. Don't bother with the buses, there's a lot of reconstruction work going on at Victoria (local) bus station and things do get snarled up.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    When working at Victoria I park at the coach station and walk. Takes five minutes from building to building.
    Weekender Offender 
    Forgot to say, I figured it out! only took 5ish minutes, the way back was more confusing but I managed it. Thanks guys.
    Forgot to say, I figured it out! only took 5ish minutes, the way back was more confusing but I managed it. Thanks guys.

Nice one! :thumb: