Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

divorve after 2 years seperation worries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I broke from my wife over 2 years ago.
Initially i started à divorce claim but stopped short of filling in the reasons why and asking them to contact her.

That was because I wanted her back.

Now she has told me we are not gettinh back together.

We have a son.

I now plan to pick up where i left off and finish the divorce app which i had already paid about 250 for, if it is still active.

My question is, can she claim for money i saved during our seperation period.

I have been paying her via csa monthly since our split.

When we seperated i had nothing but i got 7k in the bank now due to being ablr to save more

If she can then i should clear my account before picking the divorce up.

Before you think im being mean, i have gavé her at least 5k in cash since our split on top of csa and days out at the weekend, plus i cleared on of our debts (all this possible due to rent free Dads)

I want to keep my savings to Start again, move out and Set up on my own again.

Plus the divorce will cost more and custody battle so I really wont have much left at the end anyway.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Comments

• Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Fuznickle

Sorry to read about your situation, it sounds like you've gone through a painful time.

The Money Advice Service has some useful stuff that might be worth a look.

And the Citizens Advice Bureau are always a good place to go for legal questions.

It's good that you're starting to move on now, I hope things feel better once the divorce is finalised.

Danny