Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Online Gaming

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well my love affair with WoW has finished. Great game but just had enough of the dicks, twats, wankers, daily grind and repetativeness. So i'm looking for something new, any ideas ?

I'm playing Diablo III at the mo, bit repetative as you keep doing the same shit, but at harder levels. I tried Eve Online, and unistalled it the next day, didn't really like it.

I don't mind paying for the game/monthly sub, but i'd like something i can try for a bit for free before i commit myself.

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not an MMO person, but maybe you'd be interested in The Secret World? I'm interested because of the story, but MMOs don't agree with me. It's supposed to be about three factions trying to control the world behind the curtains, and every myth and legend being true.
    Plus, it was made by Ragnar Tornquist -although I doubt the name means anything to you.

AFAIK it's no subscription but has a fixed price.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some seem to prefer guild wars to WoW
    first person shooter here, battlefield 3 and team fortress 2
    I play a lot of games but not sure they're up your street. Have you ever played minecraft rubberskin? It's like lego basically.

Other games I've enjoyed in 2013 so far:
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • Starcraft 2
    • Guild Wars 2
    • League of Legends
    • Football Manager 2013
    • Fifa 13
    • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    • Dota 2
    • Total War 2: Shogun
    • CoD 3
    • Mark of the Ninja
    • Assassin's Creed III
    • Fallout: New Vegas
    • Counter Strike: Global Offensive
    • Tropico 4
    • Don't Starve
    • Mount & Blade
    • Far Cry 3
    • Terraria
    • Anno 2070
    • Civilization V
    I currently own the Xbox 360.
    I've just started Far Cry 3 again. Had to play it again, excellent game.
    Also bought Dirt3 again, I missed that game.

I've pre ordered the PS4, getting Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts and maybe Drive Club. So PM me and I'll add you anyone is getting the console :):thumb:
    My brother has played every major MMO there is. He was really into Rift, I'm not sure why he stopped playing, maybe just a hiatus. I noticed it's now free-to-play (used to be subscription). Maybe that's why.

There's so many good games it's hard to suggest some! Just browse gaming websites/forums for recommendations, you'll easily find tons, you'll then have to find time!
    Thanks. I have had a look round, nothing seems to take me fancy. I looked up Guild Wars as soon as i quit WoW (1 month 4 days now, yaaay) but no free trial. I'd heard of Rift and the synopsis sounds ok, more rpg as im really not in to 'real' stuff. Zombies and skeletons and dragons i can slaughter till the sun goes down though :)

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I've just started playing Project Zomboid. It's like The Sims but with death. Only costs a fiver as it's still in development, but worth it I think.
    Both DC Universe Online and Marvel Online are free to play MMOs, if playing as some kind of over muscled underclothed super hero appeals to you.
    Just an update.

Cancelled my PS4 order a few months ago and giving up gaming altogether to concentrate on my photography.
    Another update lol

Preordered XboxOne :dafter a lot of thought about the console. Also preordered Watch Dogs, Forza 5 and Battlefield 4.

I'll be either collecting the console in the shop at midnight on the 21st November or I'll collect it as soon as the shop opens in the morning.

DM me if interested in adding me as a friend.:thumb:
    Well that decision lasted....
    You should have bought a gaming PC,at least then you'd have an excuse that you needed it for Photoshop!
    Battlefield 4 looks amazing. HatFilms did a montage of the open beta.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Well that decision lasted....
    You should have bought a gaming PC,at least then you'd have an excuse that you needed it for Photoshop!

Nah. I can't afford one. I already have a pc and at the moment I don't use it much because of something.

I've been taking a lot of time to think about the console, speaking with a mate and he thinks that I'll be ok with the XboxOne. He's also said that I should pre order it in the shop just in case I have to take it back, so I did that.
    A good gaming PC pays for itself with the insane savings on games. PC new releases are always a tenner less than consoles (watchdogs on PC is a whopping £20 cheaper than the PS4 version), prices drop way faster and then there are the ridiculous Steam sales.
    Yep I agree with you there. Can't believe COD: Ghosts is only £35 from Game when its £49.99 for the XboxOne.

But still, I'm investing in the XboxOne.
    Just changed my preorder to the Cod Ghosts bundle and preordered the Forza Special Edition :D.

My uncle sent me a link for a £49 online course (Institute of Photography), usually £399 but I'll have to give it a miss (even though I want to get out of the shit hole where I'm working now.:mad:
    Graphics on dedicated PC games are a lot better as well if you have a decent system :P
    Yeah, but I'm still not bothered about a pc
    Infinite. wrote: »
    A good gaming PC pays for itself with the insane savings on games. PC new releases are always a tenner less than consoles (watchdogs on PC is a whopping £20 cheaper than the PS4 version), prices drop way faster and then there are the ridiculous Steam sales.

I won't be buying many games any more.