Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any Frugal saving tips?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Being frugal does not mean you have to be cheap. You just have to be wise. It all starts with a budget. You have to assess your monthly earnings compare it with your expenses. Include in your budget the savings you will have to "Mandate" yourself. This works for me and I am glad to say that I now have a decent amount saved.

Do you have any tips?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Keep your cashflow in mind. I always pay off my credit card in full BUT not until just before the bill is due, which is in the first few days of the month just after payday. So if I purchase something on the 10th October, I wouldn't actually have to pay for it out of my bank balance until early December. Also, always be on the lookout for bargains. Recently I purchased a nice cardigan from Burton's for just £10 and a nice smart jacket for - wait for it - £25 (reduced from £80!) Always go for 2 for the price of 1 options whenever you can. If you drive go into as higher gear as possible (within reason, i.e. 4th when doing 25-30mph, 5th when you're above 35mph) to save fuel, and only drive if the walk would be at least 15 minutes.

Hope that helps!:cool:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you do not have a family and can move back in with your parents, Do that and pretend you are paying rent but put the 800 a month or whatever it is in the bank, i did this and saved 10k a year, admittedly i am sleeping on a sofa cube chair from arglos and have not bought anything for myself that wasnt 100 percent needed, pants, socks, bag. I cant remember whrn i last bought nyself new clothes. Im in the Way and occupieing a small space uncomfatably and i have no Chance of bringing a girl home buts i am sacrificing a few years for my future.

RETRENCHMENT - that is also key, cut your outgoings, NEVEeR buy lunch from a Shop, always take food ftom Home to work, preferebly the extra bit from dinner you made prevuous bight.

Some people at my work spend at least 5 pound a Day on fiod.

Dont spend anything you Really dont need to, it Really makes a difference.

Put your savings in seperate account, out of Site, out of mind!
This discussion has been closed.