Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Volunteer at Co-Creation Workshop

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
YouthNet Co-Creation Workshop Volunteer's Needed

Hey Everyone :wave:

We're looking for 16-25 year olds for a one-off workshop opportunity. If you've ever borrowed money or considered it, we need you!
You'll need to be able to draw on your own experiences to help develop a concept idea for a money management app for young people.

YouthNet are working with MAS (Money Advice Service) to create this innovative mobile app designed for young people all around Money Management and borrowing. If you'd like to be part of the creative process please apply :)

The workshop is taking place on Saturday 12th October from 10.30am- 4.30pm in our central London office, we'll be covering volunteers' travel and lunch expenses and also giving everyone who takes part a prize. :hyper:

You can apply through our Do-it advert, or if you've got any questions please email Laura at laura.brumfitt@youthnet.org. :thumb:

Thanks
JPick

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I am interested :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    That's great BananaMonkey!
    You can apply through our Do-it advert.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Love how people dont just call me Claire hahahaha. I pressed wrong button when applying. Pressed would like to know more about it. When I meant I am interested.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    hehe, didn't know if you wanted to stick to BananaMonkey on the boards..!

Have you tried doing it again? You can always email Laura (laura.brumfitt@youthnet.org) if you get stuck :)
  • Options
    I didnt get stuck. I just pressed wrong button by accident. I will just apply again.

• Options
    Can i apply if in the past I done crap with money management?

• Options
    Yup, that's absolutely fine :)
    It doesn't matter how good or bad you are at managing money
    Thanks for applying :thumb:
  • Options
    Good. Feel better about applying. :)

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    applied :D
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I would love to do this, why can't I? :P
  • Options
    **Angel** wrote: »
    I would love to do this, why can't I? :P

Theres no reason why you cant apply :)

• Options
    lbrumlbrum Posts: 10 Settling in
    Woo! Great to see interested people and thanks for applying Claire and Ellie :yippe:

There's no specific requirements to get involved (as long as your 16-25) so if you're interested check out the do it advert here.

If you've got any questions please get in touch through here or even email me (laura.brumfitt@youthnet.org) and I'll help out :)
  • Options
    *bump* :thumb:
  • Options
    Done :)
  • Options
    When do we find out if we have a place? :-)

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    lbrum wrote: »
    Woo! Great to see interested people and thanks for applying Claire and Ellie :yippe:

There's no specific requirements to get involved (as long as your 16-25) so if you're interested check out the do it advert here.

If you've got any questions please get in touch through here or even email me (laura.brumfitt@youthnet.org) and I'll help out :)

Dude...
    Are you aged 18-25 and willing to share your experiences with managing money? Do you want to help co-create a money management app for other young people?
    We'd like to gain your insights into managing money as a 18-25 year old.
  • Options
    Hey Angel - apologies for the confusion!

It is open for 16-25s, however, places are limited, which is why the Do-it page says 18-25. If you want to apply, go for it and we'll let you know if you have a place as soon as we know numbers :)
  • Options
    My bad! I should have made the age range clearer- as JPick says places are limited but *please* apply anyway and if your between 16-18 and there are spare places you might get a place.

We'll be letting people know by the end of next week whether you have a place :thumb:

If you've got any friends, brothers, sisters etc who might be interested pass on the link :)
  • Options
    *bump*

Still some places left if anyone else is interested!
  • Options
    Its a waiting game waiting to find out if got a place. Told you I wasnt a patient person haha

• Options
    Looking back on this thread and noticed the age thing says between 16-18 I applied thinking it was to the age of 25. Will this mean I dont get a place?

• Options
    Hey Claire - it is open to 16-25s. On the Do-it advert it says 18-25, as priority goes to older applicants. So you're definitely within the age range ;)

Ibrum was just saying that 16-18s could apply too :)
  • Options
    JPick you beat me to replying :p We'll be letting everyone know in the next day or two if you have a place :)
  • Options
    I waaaanna knowww. Very exciting.

• Options
    Do we get notified even if we don't get a place?
  • Options
    Everyone should have an email by now hearing whether they have a place :thumb:
  • Options
    Aw, didn't get an email. Hope everyone who's got a place has a good time :)