Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vocal Nodules

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

Has anyone on these boards experienced vocal nodules before? (or know anyone else that has). I'm a musician and at the moment I seem to be showing signs of pre-nodes; loss of vocal range, notes cutting out etc. So, I was just wondering if anyone had any positive recovery stories or miracle cures concerning vocal nodules.

Comments

• Options
    Sowwie I not know much but I find this on internt..mabye it help

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/02/12/voice.vocal.training/index.html
  • Options
    I know they hurt and I know from when I did the pub circuits how to avoid them with technique but I have no idea how to avoid surgery. everyone I know who has had them has had surgery and 3/5 of them did well after 2 could sing professionally anymore.

But Cider vineger and honey works for most things so its worth giving it a try!
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Simba, I had come across a few links but not that one. I didn't know you sang Miss_Riot (although why would why) I have been on the old honey and I'm just hoping it's a temporary issue, although to be honest I'm probably guilty of not warming enough before singing.