Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Losing Sleep Due to Rogue Landlord

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have been renting my current home since 2009 ,at first it was all fine and dandy we had a very nice drive way ,front garden and back garden .

after a short while the landlord put a fence up along the driveway and said that it was his part of the property and was not mentioned in the contract , after i challenged and expressed my views that i will be seeking legal assistance he agreed to let me use it again but with a fence deviding it.

since renting the property i have renovated it (out f my own pocket ) 5-6 times as whenever i asked the landlord he would just ignore it .

we have never used the front room in the house as it was never completed .and is in a state .

since may this year he requested that all payments be made by cash as he had problem with his bank account , so we obliged and requested we had a rent book to prove the payments .

i had a call last week from his wife stating that rent has not been paid since may and that im in arrears ,i then visited her and showed her the rent book and she is denieing that any rent has been recieved and that she will be evicting us from the property .
to top all this up the landlord her husband has sent me a message saying that he wants the backload money now!!! .

i have 3 young children and im the only breadwinner in the house ithas really upset me to an extent that i am losing sleep over this and obviously its having a knock on affect with my work .

im lost and dont know what to do , can someone please put me on the first step .

id appreciate it .

Kraz

Comments

• Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Kraz

Sorry to hear that - no wonder you're losing sleep.

The best thing to do would be to contact Shelter as soon as possible. You can call them free (including on Vodafone, O2, EE and Virgin Mobile) on 0808 800 4444. They're open 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 8am-5pm Saturday-Sunday.

Let us know how you get on...

Danny
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks for the reply Danny

i will contact them tomorrow

thanks

kraz