Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Expert Chat: Mindfulness, Tuesday 1st October 2013, 7-8pm

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey Everyone :wave:

We're running an expert chat all about Mindfulness on Tuesday 1st October from 7-8pm with the lovely Clare Foster (who you might know as one of our chat mods, Fostress).

What's it about?

Many of you will have heard of Mindfulness - a method to help fight depression. But you might not know exactly what it is, what it involves or how exactly it can help.

This chat is a great chance to learn what Mindfulness is all about and refresh your understanding of how it works.

We will cover the following key points, as well as any other questions you have:
  • What is mindfulness?
  • Is Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) the same as mindfulness?
  • How can it help me?

Who'll be leading it?

Mindfulness expert Clare Foster will be running the chat. Here's a bit about her:
Clare.jpg

Clare attended an eight week course in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for depression (MBCT) at the London Buddhist Centre. She has written a series of articles for mental health charity Mind about the course and has practiced mindfulness herself for two years. In addition, she has written about how she fits mindfulness into her life for Everyday Mindfulness and on her own blog.

How will it work?

Expert chat sessions are group chats and your questions and comments will be held in a queue for Clare to answer one at a time over the hour. One of the mods will be in the chat too to look after everything and help out.

You will be able to log into the chat once it opens from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

The transcript from the chat will be published in our archive but all names will be changed to protect anonymity.

Any other questions just ask!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cool :d
    If i'm around (may be in Brighton) i will definitely be up for this chat. I've been reading a lot about Mindfulness and have recently done 3 sessions at the Dragon Cafe in London and i'm finding it really useful.
    *bump*
    This is TONIGHT :hyper:
    We're open :thumb:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Anybody elses chat not working?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    i cont get in chat niver :(
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm saddened I couldn't attend a chat about Mindfulness! One thing as most of you know, I am very passionate about! However, I can't wait to see the chat transcript up! :)
    **Angel** wrote: »
    I'm saddened I couldn't attend a chat about Mindfulness! One thing as most of you, I am very passionate about! However, I can't wait to see the chat transcript up! :)

We missed you too Angel! It should be up early next week :)