Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Want to move out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 17, and I want to move out. Can someone like direct me on things I have to do and how I can actually go through the process, because just moving out isn't helpful when I have no money, or no-where to go. But I will look for a job out of college hours if I can however there are a shortage of jobs at the moment, but I could aim to. Someone just give me some direction on this?

Comments

• Options
    I really really would strongly recommend against moving out if you have no money and no job. You're at college so you can only work part time right? Unless you're going to have more income from elsewhere you probably wont be able to afford anywhere, plus I dont think a landlord will even be willing to take you
  • Options
    Hey
    As Lexi says, moving out is a big step - both financially and emotionally, so it's good to be really sure that you want to!

We have some useful articles for you on TheSite:

Help with your rent - might give you some ideas on places to look for money towards your rent

Housing payment breakdown - lists all the things you need to consider

Saving money on household bills

Hope these help - let us know how you get on!
    Spanner