Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Greetings from Scotland!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a female recent university graduate from Scotland, going on to study drug design and biomedical science next year! I love my home country but want to go and live in Canada for a while at some point, have done since I was twelve. I'm fairly good at cooking and baking, though haven't done for a while since starting really awkward shifts at a motorway services! I pride myself on reading a lot ever since I was able to, and at the moment trying to work through many classics during my gap year! I love cinema trips and spontaneous outings, just getting up and going somewhere new.
My favourite TV series range from true blood, to Frasier, Doctor Who, Miranda. I've tried Vampire Diaries, and found it a bit hard to maintain any marathon watching, and am about to finally check out Game of Thrones! Music depends on my mood, and I generally like a bit of everything! Got "Blurred Lines" stuck in my head at the moment, and I will dance to BeeGees every single time :)

Anyway, hope I get to know a lot of you, and some good banter in future! :) X

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome - always nice to see another person from Scotland :)
    Welcome
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Welcome to TheSite.org message boards ShyChick, it's great to see you've got in to posting! :wave:
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Hi Shychick :wave:
    Did you know Game of Thrones, (which is brill) is based on the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books. (think that's right) Apparently the author has said there will be 10 books. Which means 10 series of the show. :yippe:
    Hope to chat in future.
    Reena wrote: »
    Hi Shychick :wave:
    Did you know Game of Thrones, (which is brill) is based on the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books. (think that's right) Apparently the author has said there will be 10 books. Which means 10 series of the show. :yippe:
    Hope to chat in future.

Wow 10 books? That will keep them busy! There are 3 seasons out just now isn't there? I've just seen the very first episode, thought it was a bit slow to begin with, and just ever so slightly brutal! ^^