Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

First day at work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OMG today i had my first day work..... i had to work with people who has mental health issues i didnt think i was stable enough to do it... i did explain to my boss and she said to me try it for an hour and ill come back and see how ur getting on..... midday came and i got told it was lunch... i had so much fun... i was talking to this bloke he has been thru similar stuff to me and he said to me " i can look in ur eyes and i can see ur in pain and been struggling alot but u will get thru this its onli a temp thing" that made me feel shocked but upset at the same time... anyway after i finished at 6 my boss came and got me and took me in the office and she said to me " i know it was hard for u coming into work especially what has been going on for u but u did well everyone loves u,, u bring something to the room that just lightens everyones mood" i cant believe it at all noone has every said that to me before...

sorry for long message its just im so proud of myself

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You really shouldn't be using names of people you work with in posts.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    OMG today i had my first day work..... i had to work with people who has mental health issues i didnt think i was stable enough to do it... i did explain to my boss and she said to me try it for an hour and ill come back and see how ur getting on..... midday came and i got told it was lunch... i had so much fun... i was talking to this bloke [who] has been thru similar stuff to me and he said to me " i can look in ur eyes and i can see ur in pain and been struggling alot but u will get thru this its onli a temp thing" that made me feel shocked but upset at the same time... anyway after i finished at 6 my boss came and got me and took me in the office and she said to me " i know it was hard for u coming into work especially what has been going on for u but u did well everyone loves u,, u bring something to the room that just lightens everyones mood" i cant believe it at all noone has every said that to me before...

sorry for long message its just im so proud of myself

I want just about to say what Yellow said, especially if you're working with people with mental health issues. Do you not have a confidentiality agreement you need to follow?
    Surprised you got a job in mental health considering last week you followed by the police because you had blades and was suicidal, got arrested and charged for 2 driving offences, had a miscarriage a few weeks ago, got put on a 136 section by the police, was on a life support machine a couple of months back.......

Well done, but someone as ill as you shouldn't, IMO, be working with mentally ill people when you're seriously ill, mental and otherwise, yourself.

If I was you i'd concentrate on getting better and sorting out some defence for the charges you were arrested for.
    sorry yeah we do have a confidentialty agreement to follow i just got so ahead and am really proud of myself ill edit it out...

tbh RS i was surprised myself but i need to keep busy and when i got offered the job i couldnt say no coz i really needed a job and working with people with mental health issues i couldnt refuse.... yeah i know im not really right myself but maybe this will change and help me...
    I agree with RubberSkin, I just can't see them allowing you a job in mental health with what apparently happened last week...

and one of the main things you have to remember about working with mental health is you can't bring your own issues into work, that's unfair on the people you're working with. And never compare your situation with anyone elses, that's one thing that I have learnt, it's really bad practice to do that.
    i didnt say much about whats happened to me to him... i thought it in my head i never discuss my personal life with work its wrong to do that.... i completely agree i cant understand why they let me work with them but they did... dont bite my head off its my bosses decision she must know im okaii enough to work with them otherwise she wouldnt would she?
    Regarding what has happened to you recently, how much is your boss aware of? Everything? If not then he/she cant make an informed decision about you working there. You mention that a job like this may make you better, but working in a job like that should not be about yourself, its about the people at work and how some of your recent experiences may endanger them to some degree.
    You said yesterday in chat that you got a job yesterday, and you've started today, It takes a few weeks for your CRB to come through, and I'm pretty sure on your CRB it says things like driving offences, and maybe if you've been sectioned, You're obliged to do a CRB Check before entering a job where you're working with vulnerable people...I've had to do one for college just for my placement.. and you haven't even had training yet, Either your boss is being unprofessional or you're telling porky pies..
    Oh well done :yes:
    do you think you might need some help with lying about things mrs M ? x
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Glad to hear you're feeling good MrsM

It's just worth remembering what yellowseahorse and Angel said about confidentiality. With jobs that involve working with venerable people, it's best not to talk about specifics - things that happened, names etc.

Hope you feel good today too :)
    do you think you might need some help with lying about things mrs M ? x

For one thing I can't lie to save my life I just can't do it....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    JPick wrote: »
    Glad to hear you're feeling good MrsM

It's just worth remembering what yellowseahorse and Angel said about confidentiality. With jobs that involve working with venerable people, it's best not to talk about specifics - things that happened, names etc.

Hope you feel good today too :)

Yeah sorry I have edited it coz I realised what I had done sorry about that..... Tbh JPick I feel like shit but hey ho...

Sure.

[/URL]

Your right..You can't lie to save your life, Because the whole concept of lying is to make someone believe what you're saying, We on the other hand..don't, therefore you failed...Oops. Sorry MrsM..
    I know it can be difficult if you feel like you're being lied to, but the best thing to do is to report the post or PM a mod. If you start bitching with each other then everyone loses. Except me. I never lose.
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Except me. I never lose.

Handbags at 50 paces !
    I'm fairly certain that you can get sacked for withholding that kind of information from employers on your application/interview. And no way would you be working without a CRB check anyway. If this is true you're both breaking some serious rules and putting people at risk
    Do u know what fuck u all!! I know the truth u all know fuck all but u all act like u do... For ur info I quit the job coz I found out I could end up in serious trouble and the manager got sacked coz she was employing people knowing that they couldn't work there! I don't give a fuck what any of u say anymore. U all fucking hate me anyway... If I say I'm struggling u all just think she is off again but i thought his site was about supporting anyone no matter what has happened before... But fuck u all report if u want I don't give a flying fuck anymore I'm past caring!!!

Yeah and fuck you too and all your lies.

It had to be said and fuck it, I've had enough of you so im gonna say it. You're an attention seeker. And believe me there's plenty more that know that too.

In the space of a couple of months or so you've ... been in intensive care (for a couple of hours :rolleyes:), been put on a section, had a miscarriage, been hunted by the police because you were driving around with blades, been charged with 2 motoring offences over an accident you don't recall and got an instant job working with mentally ill people.

The mods have to err on the side of caution, but you've had threads locked and removed (that doesn't happen often). Even the account your 'friend' made has been removed and that is a rare occurrence. One day something will happen and you'll need support and people won't believe you. Think on.
    Do I give a fuck on what any of u say? No I dont why should I? The intensive team and recovery team know im ill and not an attention seeker.... I may come across as I am but I aint... if u knew what the 136 is then u would understand....
    I dont really care anymore..... im past caring now and im gunna say how it is now im not gunna hold back anymore.... if u dont wanma fucking talk to me then fucking dont its simple....
    Do I give a fuck on what any of u say?

Err yes or you wouldn't be having this hissy fit because some of us think you're a liar.

I know what a 136 is, is an emergency section that the police use to get you to a place of safety and to be assessed within 72 hours to see if you're ok, so ner ner ner ner-ner.
    im gunna say how it is now im not gunna hold back anymore....

Ooooooooo scary :)

And if I was you i'd be more concerned about 2 driving charges that you could go to prison for than throwing your toys out of your pram on the internet. That is, of course, if it happened. Answers on a postcard to....
    Really? I would say check the paper but u wouldn't have a clue what a paper is would u? Im not throwing my toys out the pram at all... im calm and collected.... just saying that I aint being the nice guy where I get it all thrown back in my face coz all I have done is been there for everyone helped them all as much as I can and this is the thanks I get... well thanks a bunch twats
    im calm and collected....

well thanks a bunch twats
    Do u know what fuck u all!!
    But fuck u all
    Do I give a fuck on what any of u say?

Yeah right, that's really 'calm and collected' :)
    Really? I would say check the paper but u wouldn't have a clue what a paper is would u?

No, just good at spotting angry liars :thumb:
    Just cos I'm swearing I'm angry? But funny thing is I'm not angry at all... I'm finding it all funny tbh...

You think it's funny that people think you're a liar? That's really concerning. You come here for support and you won't get it from a community who think you're making it all up.
    But what im saying is all true I would say come and check but none of.u would do that... so what am I suppose to do if what im saying is true but u all choose to believe its all lies...
This discussion has been closed.