Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Results Day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is here tomorrow...im so anxious and worried that I've failed so close to the end and with how I feel generally at the moment I dont know what i'll do if i fail...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good luck!
    All the best!

And if you don't get the results you were hoping for, remember it's a reflection on the uni mucking you around - not just yourself. I'm not saying this because I have any doubt in your abilities, just in universities competency occasionally.

Please let us know how it goes.

xx
    Hey WhiteLillies :wave:

It's really natural to be feeling anxious before you find out your exam results. At the end of the day, you've given it your best shot and that's what matters.

I hope you get the results you deserve and pass. Whichever way, we'll still be here for you tomorrow :yes:

Good luck!
    Will.
    Thank you :)
    I will let you know how I get on xx
    Good luck! *hug*
    I passed...I don't know more than that at the moment as I'm still waiting for an email confirming a break down of my individual results...but I passed...first hurdle over...just the last one to go when I should receive my specific results sometime before 5:30 today...
    I scored a 2.1 in both units...Disappointed but heyho it's not a fail!
    Well done! That's great news!

I know you say you're a bit disappointed, but try not to be - 2.1 is a real achievement! You should be really proud of yourself :D
    You scored a 2.1 and you're disappointed?

Young lady, may I point out that you were worried yesterday about whether or not you were going to pass! A 2.1 is a fantastic achievement, especially studying on your own.

Well done you.

Hope you're going to give yourself a pat on the back.
    Ok maybe not disappointed...more stressing as it puts extra pressure on me to score highly in my dissertation and last compulsory unit in order to score a 2:1 overall; as my 2nd year weighted average result for the year was 57.75...
    I guess im also annoyed that they wouldnt consider the board of consideration form i submitted even though it was there fuck up and it meant i scored a 2:2 in my c/work...i guess i was lucky that i somehow got a 1st in my exam to average me out at a 2:1 overall...
    As Scary said, a 2:1 is a fantastic achievement.

I'm assuming the case is the same for you, but last year's results only make up 40% of my overall grade. So whatever I achieve this year will be 60% of my final mark. Having a bit of brain fog, but if that case is the same for you, I think getting a 2:1 is more likely because of the 40:60 weighting.
    I think now its sinking in and i have reflected on it, im recognising it for the achievement that it is and this is the first exam i got a 1st in!

I think mine has a similar weighting but its either 30:70 or 20:80...we were told before but it was a while ago...my current weighting for final year is 64.33 and im arranging to meet with the programme co-ordinator to work out what grades i need to make sure i get a 2:1...

Also decided on my dissertation topic today :)
    I think you should be very proud of yourself!

That sounds like a good plan, try not to stress to much about needing to achieve a particular grade: the more pressure you're under, the harder it will be to get what you want.

Ooh, what is it?
    Very true...i hate my perfectionist streak...it eats up my self confidence.

Its something along the lines of;

"How does generational differences impact on employee engagement (or motivaton!?) in the retail (or customer service!?) environment"
    I scored a 2.1 in both units...Disappointed but heyho it's not a fail!

Look, it's great to strive for a first, but that actually feels kind of rude to say that.
    Im disappointed because uni fucked up and cost me my grade and because i need 1st's to boost my grades enough from 2nd year to get a 2:1 overall...not because i dont value a 2:1
    You got a 1st in your exam? Think that tells you everything you need to know about your abilities, and should give you the confidence that you can get the 2.1 overall.

Yes, the uni messed up - but despite that you've got good marks overall. Makes it a comfortable reflection on your ability for next year.

Some of us didn't get 2.1s and are doing just fine.
    If I can secure a job where there is no pressure on degree classification I will be more than happy! :) I'm the first to say that a qualification shouldnt be the be-all and end-all in determining whether someone can do a job...and im more than happy to start at the bottom and work up...im only fighting for a 2:1 as my friends who graduated this year could only secure a job with that degree classification or higher...
    some high 2:1s in your next modules and a good dissertation should pull you up over the 60% barrier. it's bloody hard to get firsts in anything to be honest so you've done incredibly well in your exam. give most attention to the most heavily weighted modules.
    Yes but I'm soo nervous, i get my School results nxt thursday!!
    I reli want it 2 hurry up and come but at the same tiem i am dreading it.
  • emmiwatsonemmiwatson Posts: 1 Just got here
    Sure