Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

need some advice and help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all... I cant say too much on here just incase it offends or upsets people but basically I got arrested and charged for something that I cant remember doing

If any of u can help me it would be great thank you all... xxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Home Law and money would be better. Then tell us what you're charged with. Can't do much without that.
    Hi MrsMcelderry :wave:

Rubberskin is right that it would be better to have this thread in Home Law and Money which I can ask Helen or Jo to move?

Hope you are ok? *hug* I also agree with Rubberskin we need you to kind of elaborate more of what happened so we can give you some advice.

Are you needing advice around what you did or is it the consequences of what you did?

purple_rain
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi MrsM,

I've moved this thread to 'Home, Law & Money' :)

Do you think you'll be able to post more information as RubberSkin and purple_rain suggested?
    thanks JPick for putting this thread in its right place...

well the story is on wednesday 4th sept.. i woke up feeling really really low but i thought it would pass so i went off to my cruse counselling session the counsellor Sarah was getting concerned for how i was feeling and that i had plans to end my life... she called the paramedics they turned up and i couldnt speak at all i had no energy to talk... in the end the paramedic just sent me on my way... i went to the local supermarket and bought a knife and some razors.. i went back to my car and rang the crisis team coz even tho i wanted to end my life i didnt if that makes sense.. but she got worried and told me that the police have to be called... i went off for a drive knowing the police was called.. i saw a police car at a roundabout i waited for her to go but she wouldnt so i went and as i went past i looked at her and she looked at me and i could see that she was looking for me and felt really really panicky thats the last thing i rememeber till i ended up at a car park with 3 police cars a bobby van tons of police officers around me, me being handcuffed and taken to the nearest police station... i had to stay there all night but i was in a real state where i couldnt hardly walk or talk... when my cousin turned up the next morning to take me home the officer had to tell me what i was being charged with which is dangerous driving and failing to stop... but i dont rememeber any of it.. so i gotta go to court and plead guilty but i dont remember it at all... i try to but its just a blur... what should i do?

sorry for long message but i had to say it all for u all to understand what im saying...
    You say you don't remember any of it but you just described it in great detail. I'm confused :confused:
    Get a solicitor. All you can do. Won't get much help from here as you say you can't remember a convenient part. You've damaged/injured something/someone (failure to stop charge) so you need to contact your insurance.
    You also need to find out what was hurt/damaged so you can give them your details. Name, address and insurance company.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    You say you don't remember any of it but you just described it in great detail. I'm confused :confused:

I meant I remember seein the police car at the roundabout and then again in the car park but I dont know how I got to the car park if u get what I mean
    Like RS said, get a solicitor asap. You've obviously done something, wether you can remember or not you'll need someone who can represent you when you're interviewed about it all.
    You should realise you could go to prison, but as nobody here knows what happened, including yourself, we can't comment but -

Failure to stop - up to 6 months in prison and/or fine of up to £5000 and you could be banned from driving.

Dangerous Driving - up to 2 years in prison and/or unlimited fine and you WILL be banned from driving.

So you need to get things going. One of the offences carries a 2 year sentence, you could possibly find yourself in Crown Court either for trial or sentencing.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    TBH, given a previous thread you made on whether or not to hand in your licence because you "don't trust yourself" driving, the fact that you got into your car at all was a stupid and foolish decision to make.

You need to find out what happened during your "blank out" and I hope to God you didnt hurt anyone because you would have nobody to blame bar yourself. And lawyer up.