Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scared

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thinking I might need to go into hospital cause of my mental health being so bad and being really suicidal...it has been threatened a lot lately (sectioning). I'm scared cause I think hospital's my only hope but i'm too scared to take action. But obviously there's the risk of sectioning and that scares me a lot I keep telling myself it will never happen but professionals as well as family keep saying about it so i'm guessing it is a possibility...i'm scared. Sorry for this rubbish post just really scared and would appreciate any support right now. I don't know what to do!

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Its good you have posted. Dont say sorry you havent done anything wrong. We are here for you and we care about you.

It is good that you recognise that you may need hospital treatment and you deserve that support and help.
    If being sectioned worries you. Could you go into hospital on your own terms. I dont have experience with sectioning so the advice I give you is just out of my own head. Hope it helps somehow.

We all care and you can get support on here. Your not alone. Hopefully somebody can share some experiences with you to help you with your decision.

Stay strong :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    the only problem is, if you go voluntarily, the can section you anyway if they want to... hospital can be mega stressful, at least I found that all the times I've been in there so I would suggest finding a different way, try meds, try crisis team, write a diary, post on here, get rid of temptations that might be used to hurt yourself and ask your family and friends to rally round you and keep you safe... hospital made things so much worse for me, but I think it can help some people. I guess, if you are a great risk to yourself and you don't think you can keep yourself safe then perhaps go voluntarily, but know that once you're inside, it might be a while before you're out again. I don't mean to sound negative, but that's just how the system works, unfortunately. If you think that this might be something you will pass through then try and wait a bit longer and keep yourself occupied. Hospital is really a last resort, so I wouldn't do it unless you are totally desperate and those thoughts and feelings are too overwhelming to deal with on your own.
  • Options
    Hi BananaMonkey thanks for your reply. I should be going into hospital on my own terms yes but i'm scared and stubborn so won't do it :/ Thank you for caring and for your support x

Hi Nutter thanks for your reply. Yeah I know they could put me onto a section even if I admitted myself voluntarily initially which tbh would probably happen with me anyway...yeah it feels like i've tried everything else i've tried home treatment under the Crisis Team in the past too but I feel like i'm in a worse situation now and it wouldn't be enough. Usually (when i'm actually engaging) I would be seen by CMHT at least once a week as well as once a week by my GP. Unfortunately doesn't feel like anything else would be enough for me atm. I guess I have to pray that I don't get sectioned or force myself to admit myself voluntarily which I doubt i'll ever be brave enough to do :/
  • Options
    Its understandable to feel scared. Do you have anybody close by you can discuss your feelings and thoughts with? Family or close friend? Feel free to keep posting on here though. We will try and help as much as we can ♡

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Thanks for your message BananaMonkey erm not really no one understands to be honest and none of my friends are aware I'm even unwell. Thanks so much x
  • Options
    It sucks when people dont understand. I can relate. It takes alot of time to get people to understand but it is possible. Dont give up on it yet. Would you be able to try and talk to your friends. They may be more help than you realise. ♡

• Options
    Ah i'm sorry. There's no one I trust enough to be honest. No one I think would understand.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that lovely. Its going to be okay. You can trust us all on here. We are a great community. We all care about each other. And peer to peer support on here is fab. And the support from mods is great too. Keep on posting and I hope you find it helpful. :)

• Options
    Ah thank you so much. I apologise for being so annoying! It really helps to have your support so thank you x
  • Options
    Your not being annoying. You just need the support doesnt make you annoying. :)

How are you feeling now?

• Options
    Ah thank you. Beside myself really not sure what to do i don't know how things will ever get better im only getting worse by the day :(
  • Options
    How do you feel about contacting a helpline? Samaritans offer and phone, email and text service. They are really helpful. If you just need to talk to somebody. :)

Everything will get better eventually though. Stay strong through these tough times.

• Options
    I've been in contact with the samaritans but would prefer something that could advise too :/ thanks a lot x
  • Options
    Aww. Wish I could advise you more. Sorry lovely ♡

• Options
    No worries thanks a lot though for your support x
  • Options
    Its okay

• Options
    You should come along to chat on TheSite. It's a great way to get support and talk to others from TheSite, who may be able to offer you some advice, you can also use it as a distraction. Here is the link :) Tonight it starts at 7pm until 9pm, Then it's general chat, where you can talk about anything none support related, tv, music, random chats with others
  • Options
    Hey, Just wanted to check in, and see how you are today? <3

We have chat tonight you should come along :) x
  • Options
    Hi BananaMonkey sorry wasn't ignoring you only just seen your messages. Been pretty bad to be honest. How are you? Thanks for telling me about support chat may come to it tonight x
  • Options
    Its okay lovely :)

Aw sorry to hear that your struggling, feel free to pm me on here anytime, and keep posting, think you should come into chat though you may get some great support, and there may be others who are feeling similar. :)

It starts at 8pm, in the chat room. <3
  • Options
    Ah thanks so much. I've just realised how twisted I am as a person. It's awful. I don't deserve to be alive. Thank you for letting me know xx
  • Options
    Your not twisted. You do deserve to live. I may not know you personally but I have enjoyed chatting to you on the boards and on your thread, You seem kind and caring and somebody who is just looking for support, that doesn't make you twisted.

<3
  • Options
    But I push everyone away from me when i'm offered help. It makes no sense :/ And aww thank you so much xx
  • Options
    I do the same. I guess when the time is right you will be ready to accept that support. It will get easier. I am glad you have found TheSite cos that way you are able to get your thoughts out, and get some support. We all care about you :)
  • Options
    Glad i'm not the only one! I feel like such an awful twisted person. Thank you I really appreciate it you're so kind thank you xx
  • Options
    Nah your not a twisted person dude. Hope you make it into chat, I hope it helps too <3
  • Options
    Thanks hope to see you there :) x
  • Options
    Hope chat helped you. How you feeling today?:)

• Options
    Aw thanks. Not really don't know how to get through another day but oh well. Thank you x
  • Options
    Big hugs. You can pm me on here anytime :)Stay strong