Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So Happy!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No you didn't. You knew the workload was going to be a slog - but you reckoned it was probably worth it in the long run.

Email response is likely to be slow over the summer, and academic types are notoriously bad at the best of times. Generally in the past I seem to remember that you've had some good marks when things have been going reasonably well. So have some confidence in yourself.

Get yourself a timetable, that's got study time, work time and time out in it - and keep pecking away at it. Rome wasn't built in a day, but on really productive days they got a lot done. Read up the thread a bit, and remind yourself how much you achieved on that day you beasted it. It's definitely do able - slog, but do able.

And you young lady are more than capable.
  • Options
    Thank you SM :)

I have written 800 words today...I just feel like I'm going round in circles and when I have time to myself (like last night I spent the evening seeing friends) and then follow it with uni work I feel it was time I should have spent doing my essay.

I re-read some of the thread and saw what you wrote about bullet pointing and mind-mapping so have started doing that and I wrote a list this morning of what I have left to add to my main essay and what appendices I need so have been working through the appendices as I have much more to do with that than the main essay.

Just don't want to screw it up otherwise I would have wasted all this time and energy!! and my store manager asked me what I would do if I didn't pass these assessments and although I know he was being practical, it keeps playing round in my head "what if?" :(
  • Options
    If you don't pass, then you'll know you've given it your best shot. Far better than always wondering what if.

You need to keep a balance though to make sure you're working effectively - so that means you need some breaks as well. If you give yourself a timetable, then hopefully that will help with the guilt you had. Xx
  • Options
    I have a rough draft of a timetable but it doesnt include any social breaks. Just the typical "15 mins to eat" sort of break...now done 1000 words today and still feel like its not made that much of a dent...i only had 4 hrs sleep last night so maybe im just looking at this in the wrong way?
  • Options
    Sounds like you're being incredibly demanding on yourself.

You need to give your brain a chance to refresh - so that means some down time just chilling, mindless tv or whatever and also some time with friends.

Getting sleep deprived probably won't help your overall productivity.

Do you think it would help if you wrote a list of what needs to be done between now and the exam/deadlines and posted it up here? Then can share how you're getting along with it - might help get some perspective.

(And, as a special treat - I'll offer to put my super engineering skills into practise and if you put up word counts I'll make %s for you)
  • Options
    Yeah I think I need to reconsider the timetable thing! The sleep deprivation was due to a late night with friends followed by an early morning for work...now have a migraine caused by tension in my neck so think tonight will be an early night!

Thank you :) My workload is as follows:

Essay1: Marketing: Due in 8th August

Main Report - 2000 words (No 10% leeway - 2000 words or less only)

+ Approx 9 Appendices - Approx 5000 words (My appendices have to include all the theory as the main report has to focus on research findings and recommendations.

Currently completed:

Main Report - 1750 words but way over the limit so will need to cut it down once I have written it all.

1 x Appendix Completed / 1000 words written

Essay 2: Management: Due in 8th August

1 x Report - 2,500 words (-/+ 10% leeway)

Currently Completed: None

Exam: Marketing: 26-28th August

I don't have any information on this yet but I will basically have to teach myself from scratch everything that is due to come up as I never covered this before I left. I also don't have exam topics yet either but have emailed to request them.

I also go away from 10th August - 18th August but considering taking revision with me!
  • Options
    Congratulations.

Sounds like you've got a good start made there then. I'd agree with your thing about th word count, at the moment just get the content done.
  • Options
    5.5 Appendices completed before 9:30am...the early night/lie in and whole tub of Chok a Blok ice cream is doing the trick :)
  • Options
    Check you out.

Wonders of what having a decent break can do for productivity.
  • Options
    20 days until hand in...and I am working 13 of those...FML! 6&1/4 appendices done...should have done the appendices as I was researching and saved myself a whole load of trouble trying to find my sources again now...
  • Options
    That said - you're clearly blazing through the way you're doing them now.

Something learnt for when you come to do the next essay - even if it doesn't have appendices there might be other stuff that's useful to keep a tab of as you go along.

Keep going girl - at this rate you'll have time to tan yourself silly.
  • Options
    3000 words written - turns out I have 11 appendices (well 12 but I've lost the case study I was using so 11) and I have done 8 and one of those was one of the two really time consuming ones soooo now I am absolutely exhausted but I can see the light at the end...sort of! :)
  • Options
    Storming though it all.

Don't forget to give yourself a break when u need a refresh
  • Options
    I'm done :D

Both essays went off on the 9th August and I've literally just submitted my exam! I'm worried about the results but I have two weeks before results so I'm going to just enjoy myself :)
  • Options
    Yay well done :) Enjoy these 2 weeks!
  • Options
    I AM HAPPY YOUR HAPPY! :yes: