Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help!! I dont know if he likes me or is playing me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have liked this guy for a while know but i cant tell if he actually likes me back or is just playing me :confused: a few weeks ago we were hanging out at my house jumping on the tramp "fighting" when we came inside and sat on the couch.... He told me he was extremely ticklish but wanted me to tickle his back, while doing so he kinda sat there rubbing my knee and fell asleep. When he woke up like 10 mins later i told him i could move so he could lay down but he told me no because it would be weird and cold then he laid on my shoulder and we both fell asleep.... People are telling me hes playing me because when we are at school or around people our age he kindof acts like he barely knows me... :banghead: any tips or help will be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    He likes you but is shy about it.
  • Options
    He also told one of my close friends i am annoying.... Some of my friends say hes just making up excuses but
  • Options
    Well, yeah, because he is awkward. If he lets out a positive thing about you to your friend you and probably half the school know about it the next day. If you like him too, why don't you let him know and make the whole process easier?
  • Options
    Don't freak out dear. taken a moment to assess things. You are young, still at school. young guys are often shy and immature, he is probably embarrassed around his friends. Like the previous poster said, if you like him you can tell him, but in a private environment. What is the worst he can say? no? If he decides to take it public and tell everyone - good for him, he will get his comeuppance. Ask yourself the following questions. does he seem like a decent guy? would he treat you right and would he be considerate and nice about you around his friends? if all the answers are yes...go ahead. you will know in your heart.

Your school years are so great you will not truly appreciate them until you are much older. In my experience the popular 'cool' kids at school often struggle in later life. If he doesn't seem like a nice, caring guy who will treat you right...stay away. You will find your way in life and you will find the right guy...good luck I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Hi Kelly0434

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

It's understandable to feel confused as to whether he likes you if you keep getting different signals when hes with you and when he's with his friends *hug*

As others have mentioned, it's possible he is just being shy as he's probably also unsure about how you feel towards him!

Perhaps what you can try is to notice his body language when he's with you, and when he's around other girls. Is he the same way? Your post suggests he seems quite comfortable around you though, which is great :)

Have a look at our article Is this a date or just hanging out?" which can help show little signs of whether he's just being friend or more - as well as Asking someone out.

If you feel comfortable enough to tell him how you feel, then go with your instinct!

Good luck, let us know how you get on :yes: