Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite Games?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just started thinking about this year's Pokémon games, and thought what is everyone's favourite game they've ever owned/played, and why?

Mine is probably Pokémon Leaf Green, simply because when I was younger when I got it I'd only ever had pre-owned games, this was my first game that was my own, nobody else had played it and I couldn't be parted from it until I completed it, to this day I still use my GBA to play Leaf Green when I get bored because of those early memories and the fact that as game plots go.. there isn't a real plot, you play the game as you get to each bit with the occasional appearance from Team Rocket. :thumb:

So what's everyone else's favourites? :chin:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Currently heavily into Munchkin (it's a board game). Makes me laugh, most of my friends enjoy it, endless expansions.

I'm crap at video games, though!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Okami.
    It's my favourite kind of game (puzzle solving, exploration, collecting, fights) but the best one of its kind, in my opinion. Great artwork, huge and well-designed world with lots of secrets, very well balanced gameplay, epic story, funny characters.
    San Andreas.

I have three copies on three different platforms. I play through it, and it's a good 30 hours or so to do everything, at least once a year. I've played through it twice this year all ready.

The controls are a bit shoddy but it's aged magnificently. It's the perfect GTA; it starts off as such a simple gang banger story then just grows and grows until you met Mike Toreno, one of the greatest game characters of all time. It pulls the rug out from under you in the first 5 hours - you think it's going to settle into a gang territory game...then you get chased out into the country and the missions just become incredible.

Up there with Castle of Illusion, Quackshot, Toejam & Earl, Psychonauts, WoW, Super Mario World, Dark Souls, and Time Splitters Future Perfect as one of the greatest games of all time.

I don't normal argue with people about liking games but if you don't like San Andreas there is something wrong with you.
    worms armageddon and bioshock and fallout and fabel 2. Im a big RPG fan and a big urb-ex fan for bioshock and fallout. Fabel 2 i just have fond memories of and worms was just hilarious. I also love the garden game which no one has ever heard of but i am looking for a new copy.
    Tetris!
    The Biscuit Game :naughty:
    Minecraft
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Mine has to be blind man's buff. I played it at my friend's house on Thursday, we did it in complete darkness, it was quite funny because you couldn't see the person trying to get you :)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Bananagrams :D ALWAYS and I am even getting better at it now with practice.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "