Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Benefits tv/ twitter/ feel crap?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you seem the amount of tv programmes about benefits? And the twitter comments? I read it all and feel like crap.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I try to avoid it. At the end of the day I know I couldn't work without putting myself in hospital, so I try to not get bothered about it. But I do. becauses its fucking everywhere. but it makes me feel shit too.
    The BBC is the mouthpiece of the Government. The Government and the BBC don't see the point of a welfare state and would much rather spend the money on something more "deserving". Themselves, for instance.

Try not to worry about what the Bullingdon Bullshit Club wank on about. They are all cunts and if I had my way it'd be shut down and sold to Rupert Murdoch tomorrow.
    Yeah I've seen a few, ITV and Channel 4 are jumping on the bandwagon lately too. Some of the programmes ITV has put out recently (not just benefit related, however they linked over the similar subject, but immigration specifically) have been disgustingly biased and edited to be specifically negative and misleading.

I watched one with a few of my friend's family members, who were agreeing with the programme at parts, I couldn't hold my tongue and had to say something about how biased and misinformed it actually is, and how wrong they were for agreeing to it without checking the facts.

I haven't checked Twitter comments when the shows have been on, I can imagine most of the comments, just like you can expect on Facebook daily.