Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worrying about being found out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, those of you who read my Introduction topic know that this username is not the one I use most places online. That's mainly because I want to vent off frustrations sometimes without it being traced back to the name I usually use online. Because at times I do vent about friends of mine (right now I can't tell them what I'm thinking because it'd not be constructive), and I really don't want them finding what I've written, even if I try my best to make my vents as vague as possible...

... But ever since I posted in the Ranty thread I've been anxiously waiting for the person in question to find it and have a 'talk' with me about it. I know that they also suffer from depression and anxiety issues too (which is part of the reason why my thoughts wouldn't be helpful right now), but as far as I'm aware, they're not here. Don't know for certain though.
Many years ago I had a place to vent out frustrations about my friends. A small out-of-the-way, unlinked to, blog. It was found and I got very very... well, shouted at. I was in the wrong then, but it's left me feeling that at any moment I'll get discovered and lose another friend...

Uhhh... my head's gone all weird and screwed up with anxiety. My thoughts are going haywire. >.<

Comments

• Options
    how about, if you want to rant about friends and don't want them to find it, ranting about it a little less publicly, say by writing in a diary, or writing them a letter but not posting it? that way you won't be found out and writing can be just as cathartic as posting on a thread for everyone to see.

:)
  • Options
    Hi TheFangirl :wave:

Like FireyFirenze says that maybe trying out something different like writing a journal or letters may help a little rather than venting publicly at times. I wrote a journal and letters to vent when I was younger and it helped me a lot to get my anger and frustrations out, I can't really explain how it helps but I found it difficult to tell people how I felt so writing it down helped me to 'get it out' if you get what I mean.

It's ok to vent out at times but people such as friends don't always take it well so this way of doing it may help so you don't feel so anxious of what your friends may think or do.

Hope this helps :heart:

purple_rain
  • Options
    I've tried that.
    Doesn't really help me so much.