Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Famliy dosnt like me being on any websites :/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My famliey dosnt like me being on any website.....

1. The site
2. Fuytureyou
3. Kooth.

I don't know y they don't like me talking to people on here. They think this are a waste of space I don't think so I love comming on here and suppoeting people and getting help from u guys and speaking to my counsellor on future-you or kooth :(. They don't really support me at all. They don't even don't want to know me really but I still go and see them even they don't want to know me. I don't know what I really done wrong. U and the other websites. :( I feel like I should be on here :crying::impissed::nervous:

What do. I do leave or what :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, you do whatever makes you happy. Does your family know what kind of support you're having and why its so important? Maybe if they knew why you were on here and how/why its helping you they might not see it as a waste of time?
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    No, you do whatever makes you happy. Does your family know what kind of support you're having and why its so important? Maybe if they knew why you were on here and how/why its helping you they might not see it as a waste of time?

I tried to explain it to them but they just not liston I just think I should just leave and they cont say nothing then :(
    Well are they physically trying to stop you (taking away internet/computer) or just whinging? Because honestly if these sites are good for you and they're working then please dont stop
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sorry to hear this Heather. I can relate kind of. My sister didnt think I should use thesite she didnt get that it helped me. I just did what was was best for me. You should do the same.

Unless they actually take away the comp and internet they cant stop you using these websites.

Stay strong ♡

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Thanks for ur replys.

Need jo to reply on here too I would like to know what she thinks :/
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Jo may reply soon. Mods/staff are busy people :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Jo may reply soon. Mods/staff are busy people :)

:yes:

Hi heather - I'm sorry to hear about your family. It's quite common for parents who aren't as familiar with the online world to be worried about what goes on and how much it can be trusted. They are probably just trying to protect you but I understand of course that this is really frustrating for you, especially when it feels like you don't have their support.

It sounds like they don't really understand how valuable online support can be, even though you have tried to explain it to them.

If you're finding websites like this and Kooth/FY useful then it's up to you if you if you want to keep using them. I would echo what BananaMonkey and Lexi have said :)