Home› Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Babygirl81 new to this 😊

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all I'm babygirl81, I'm a newbie to this forum, hope your ok, I'm trying to find information or can anyone help me,, I have bricks missing in my loft, where I can see through to next door, the council seem to thinks its not a problem, is there any way or anyone that can sort it out and insulate my loft for free, thanks for reading my post, hope someone can help me xx

Comments

• Options
    Welcome :)

Sorry I cont help u sorry :(
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to thesite

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Hi there Babygirl81 :wave:

I'm going to move your post over into the Home, Law and Money forum as you're likely to get some more replies there for this issue.

In the mean time you might also like to try out Q & A service - it's free and confidential and you can ask this question to our experts who will be able to help advise you on this, it sounds a bit disconcerting!

Here is the link to Ask a Question page: http://www.thesite.org/ask-a-question/ask-a-confidential-question

:)
  • Options
    Are you renting?
    If so the landlord has a duty to repair any damage/fix any faults. A great big hole in the roof is a fault. Does the neighbour know?
  • Options
    if the council is refusing to insulate the loft as well i would look at making a complaint if your house is rented from the council.
  • Options
    Hey there and welcome to the boards,
    Great responses so far. Just wanted to add that you could try your council's Environmental Health Department or Tenancy Relations Officer who may be able to help you. It does depend on who you are renting from (private landlord or the council).
    If you are renting from the council then report the repair to the repairs line, if you haven't already.
    Let us know how you get on.
    :)