Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

When you're alone and life is making you lonely You can always go...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
downtown, according to Petula Clark anyway.
When you're feeling a bit rubbish though, what do you look forward to?

At work lately, we've been working really fucking hard. I've gone from 50hour weeks monday to friday, to 4 back to back 12 hour shifts friday to monday.

I am miserable, and tired, and grumpy, and not seeing any of my friends or family.

It's rubbish.

BUT! I've organised to go and see some very good friends in portsmouth on the August Bank Holiday weekend, it's really perked me up, we're going to go sailing :)

So, "when you're alone and life is making you lonely You can always go..." where?

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    When I get alone, I just usually go out for a walk... Or I plan to visit friends :)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I look forward to the next good thing, even a little one. Next film I'm going to watch, next weekend, next game I'm looking forward to etc.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I haven't heard that song for ages. Haha. I strangely read your second line with the song tune stuck in my head, so your writing came up in song in my head! ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That song is my alarm tone.
    I remember them. Singers who could sing, lyrics you can hear/understand. :)
    To the beach.

Went down to the beach on Friday night after work - was truly blissful. Empty sands, just two of us there in the sunshine. Doesn't get much better than that.

Then Sunday evening went down to the coast again. Watching waves.
    play team fortress 2 or battlefield 3 on my new beast of a pc :D
    More room to...

I'm not a loner but I find solace in a quite ambiance. There's more room to write my thoughts when I'm in isolation. Creepy? Well, no! Just needed some space to complete my books.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Making tea :3
    Cup of tea in the quiet room at work.