Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tapatalk previews

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
I read somewhere on the tapatalk forum that it's possible for the administrator of a forum that uses it (such as this one) to disable previews for threads in the thread list (the first couple of lines from the newest post appear under the title).

I think that would be appropriate for here, since there may be threads someone doesn't want to read. Could this be done?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Indrid Cold,

That's a really good idea, thanks for suggesting it :)

We've had a look in our admin controls, but we're running an older version of vBulletin, which doesn't appear to support that ability.

Luckily, we'll be upgrading to the latest version soon, so when we do, we'll make sure thread previews are disabled. :thumb:

Thanks again for the suggestion,
    JPick
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JPick wrote: »
    Hey Indrid Cold,

That's a really good idea, thanks for suggesting it :)

We've had a look in our admin controls, but we're running an older version of vBulletin, which doesn't appear to support that ability.

Luckily, we'll be upgrading to the latest version soon, so when we do, we'll make sure thread previews are disabled. :thumb:

Thanks again for the suggestion,
    JPick

I think he's talking about within Tapatalk rather than vBulletin?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think he's talking about within Tapatalk rather than vBulletin?
    Yes, actually. A post said that it's a setting in the plugin.
    I don't think disabling it on the web interface is necessary, as it only appears if you hover.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think disabling it on the web interface is necessary, as it only appears if you hover.

And the option to hover and make a more informed decision in some areas is really important.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    hey guys, what jpick is saying is that the current version of tapatalk doesn't let us change that setting - we can upgrade to a new version of tapatalk when we upgrade vbulletin - but there isn't one without the other. Hope that makes sense. :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh! Ok, I misunderstood. :)