Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Friendships......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey people i was wondering how your closest friendships were affected when you all left secondary school?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    we lost touch, not that i had many close friends mind you
    I left in Year 11 and went onto College. Many of my friends stayed on at 6th form. I keep in regular contact with two of my best mates. I still see a few not so close friends now and again.
    we lost touch, i met up with some of them and went to Russia, but apart from that i see them about once every 4 months
    I was really happy to leave school and didn't keep in touch with anyone through my own choice. My school was one of those all girls ones where someone is your best friend one day and hates you the next.
    I kept in touch with one of my freinds through email for the first few months (that sort of fizzled out after a while). I occasionally see freinds when I get home, once in a blue moon. Having said that, I had more enemies than freinds at school so I was glad to see the back of most of them. Anyway, you get to make lots of new freinds at Uni.
    Well, since going to uni I've kept in touch with two of my close friends but some of them don't want to make the effort. If you feel like you're the one making all the effort then you usually are. Let nature takes it's course, if you lose touch with someone it was never meant to be (harsh but true).
    You'll always find time to keep in touch with the people you really care about.
    Most of my friends from secondary school went to the same college as me. It took me all of about 2 weeks to move on to a different group, whilst they all stayed together. Now I spend a bit more time with them again.