Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Festivals 2013

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Which ones are you going to this summer? I'm working at Latitude and End of the Road :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not going to any this year I don't think :( My dad has backstage passes for Boomtownfair, but he's not sure if he wants to take me or not because it's crawling with drugs apparently.
    I'm not going to any this year I don't think :( My dad has backstage passes for Boomtownfair, but he's not sure if he wants to take me or not because it's crawling with drugs apparently.

Most festivals do have a lot of drugs though. When I worked at Reading it was a nightmare having to deal with high people being dicks and confiscating drugs.

Do you think you'd be able to deal with all the temptation? I had a little look at the page for it and it looks awesome!
    Yea I mean I used to go to festivals all the time when I was younger, worked at them with my dad. I think he's just worried about me getting addicted again, and I guess he doesn't want to put me in an environment where it'll be really easy to get drugs.

It does look great though! I'm going to have to speak to him about it again I think :)
    I think I've found someone to drag along as my carer to altfest! :D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Pepperbox. Boomtown and Bestival.
    Weekender Offender 
    grace wrote: »
    I'm working at .... End of the Road :)

Surely that's prostitution ? :)
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I think I've found someone to drag along as my carer to altfest! :D

Now all i have is a picture of a male home help in tights, bad make-up and an ill fitting dress ;)
    Just found out altfest is 2014 not this year!! :(
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Surely that's prostitution ? :)

Yep, that too :)
    I think I'm going to kendal calling if there's any tickets left tomorrow *crosses fingers*
    I'm going to Greenbelt. Rock and roll.

I always want to go to Bestival and Glastonbury but the timing never works out.
    Larmer Tree Festival starts tomorrow.
    I have the benifit of living within 45 minutes of some of the best festivals in this country. Glasto, Boomtown, Reading, Isle Of Wight, Bestival and various other smaller festivals - Larmer Tree is as good as any of them. Wish I was going.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive have you been to Boomtown before? Is it good? My dads got backstage passes off a mate who's working there, don't know whether to go or not/if I'll be able to avoid drugs.
    Yes. One of the best festivals I've been to. They put some serious effort into making it quite different from any other festival. Loads of freaky looking people there.
    Weekender Offender 
    Has anyone been to a festival by themselves?? The 'friend' I was supposed to be working with at End of the Road next month has dropped out because he can't be bothered, so I'm going to be going by myself. I'm quite nervous that I'll have a shit time and that it won't be fun without friends there too, especially as it's a very small and posh festival :(
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Bloodstock a week today arrgghh!!!!!
    piccolo wrote: »
    I'm going to Greenbelt. Rock and roll.

I always want to go to Bestival and Glastonbury but the timing never works out.

You go to greenbelt and never see me? You could at least come use my shower! :p
    Last year I was a bit restricted because it was during the Broken Leg Saga so I couldn't get around much and I wasn't there the year before.

I'm not sure what my plans are this year I am probably dependent on church people to get there and back so I'm not sure if I'll be able to be flexible x
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    We've got a new festival guide from TheSite :)

Let us know what you think :thumb:
    Going to Sidmouth Folk Festival on Wednesday.
    Used to go to Sidmouth every year. Used to have a fucking good tihe camping and getying ttollied
    Weekender Offender 
    On a slight tangent here, but I can never seem to fault the production values on videos like this that thesite produce.