Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fit notes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my fit note has to reach the dwp by 10 sept(when my last esa payment expires)
so do i get it dated 10 sept then send it(wont arrive till around 15 sept)
if so will i lose money because of the date it arrived even though it will be dated by doctor 10 sept?

Comments

• Options
    don't think you would lose money, it would probably just be paid into your account a bit later than expected.
    can you get it just before the 10th and send it off? i'm a little confused as to why you would get it dated on the 10th, when that's the cut off point for getting it there, and say it won't arrive until around the 15th? If you do that, then i'm pretty sure your payments will be delayed. Try and get it about 2 or 3 days before and send it off 1st class, hopefully then you would have no problems..
  • Options
    You can get them post and predated. Send it before the deadline so that you don't have a gap in payments
  • Options
    thanks for that
    the fitnote runs out on 10th
    if i send it a week early i lose a week of my sicknote like i did last time so if i send in 4 consequetive fitnotes all a week early i will lose a month of my sicknotes?
    that was what i was trying to get at
    sorry if iv got this round my neck
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if the fit notes overlap. I've had this with no problem.
  • Options
    trev1865 wrote: »
    if i send it a week early i lose a week of my sicknote like i did last time so if i send in 4 consequetive fitnotes all a week early i will lose a month of my sicknotes?

No. If you're ill, you're ill and you'll still be able to get fit/sick notes from your GP.
  • Options
    thanks everyone