Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

news about the royel baby

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesn't really bother me.

So the baby thing goes from being a filthy parasite, to not bothering you? make your mind up.
    He's a parasite just like his parents.

The coverage of his birth? Couldn't give a rat's ass. If Kay Burley wants to frig herself insensible because she's standing within half a mile of a royal, well, it's a free world. If Rupert wants to pay her to do it, well, it's his money.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Okay, I'm just going to step in here as this seems to be turning into a bit of a mudslinging competition *ducks*

You've both made interesting points and are clearly on very different sides of this debate but it's not really going anywhere at the moment. Can you please try to carry on without the mud? If not, maybe it'd be best to agree to disagree for now?
    I think it is all quite lovely but then, I do like the Royal Family and I'm a teeny tiny bit obsessed with babies right now :D

I do feel a little sorry for Kate & William. They are new parents and they probably just want to go home and get used to being parents without having the media follow them around everywhere! The last thing I'd want after giving birth is people taking photos of me!
    I understand people may feel sorry for them but it's not like they've just had all this media attention dumped on them. William has had it from birth and Kate would have been schooled in it for years.
    I can't be quite sure it was Harry in the Apache, but it's a nice thought if it was. Life saver.
    I see that those hard-working, diligent and honest royals have taken to treating their staff in the same way that they treat the taxpayer: as a resource to be used and abused.

Brenda, too, has cottoned on to the lovely wheeze of zero hours contracts. Quite why I don't know, I'm sure she can afford to pay her staff a living wage. She clearly just chooses not to.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jul/30/buckingham-palace-zero-hours-contracts

Gotta love the Monarchy :thumb: