Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

news about the royel baby

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have u all heard about Kate had the royal baby have been arrived now

what do u think about it

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news

congrats to the royal famliey

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think that a woman having a baby, although wonderful, isn't news.
    EDIT: If said woman had done anything remotely important it would be more interesting, although still basically just gossip...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's a filthy little parasite, just like its parents and grandparents and great-grandparents.

Still at least we can all bask in the knowledge that, in a city where many families are in overcrowded accommodation, this grubby little shit gets a £1m nursery paid for by those trapped in overcrowded flats.

We truly are all in it together.
    I think that a woman having a baby, although wonderful, isn't news.

Even if the baby she's having is a future monarch? I'm not a royalist, but I can see why there is some degree of interest here.

My interest peaks at what his name will be, but that's pretty much only cause I find what people name their babies really interesting (and/or because I am nosy).
    I couldn't care less. More interested in the births (and there have been a few this year) of friends babies.

A relative of mine was happy that her grandson (my cousin's child) shares a birthday with the Royal baby.
    When most people think of the royal baby being born and how "wonderful this is" My only thought was "Wow, That nurse has seen the princesses Vagina. What a story to tell people!"
    I think it's a filthy little parasite, just like its parents and grandparents and great-grandparents.

Still at least we can all bask in the knowledge that, in a city where many families are in overcrowded accommodation, this grubby little shit gets a £1m nursery paid for by those trapped in overcrowded flats.

Now you hate a baby. How low can you get?

William and Kate are funded by Prince Charles, from the revenues he gets from the Duchy of Cornwall - not from our taxes. Just thought I'd point that out....
    Couldn't give a fuck. I almost agree with arctic...but I wouldn't use quite such strong language. I kind of think "yay she had a safe delivery" and that's it. End of, move on. I'm so much more interested in what Malala is doing, or campaigning against fracking. There are so many more important things in the world to pay attention to.
    Im happy when anyone has a baby, not just cos their royalty, so im feeling all warm and fuzzy about it. im not that bothered about the royal family in general but i can see why its big news. Bit like the queens jubilee, I didnt see all the fuss in that
    I think it's great for Britain!

I understand people saying it's jus the same as a million other babies, but I think some of the comments are unnecessarily harsh.

This baby being born is finally something happy to go in the news and it's a nice story for Britain. William an Kate both seem lovely, so it's nice that they've had such a joyous event in their lives in the public eye so people can share in their celebrations :)

Welcome to the world, Little Prince!
    FrogsandRainbows.X
    sorry but its a baby for christ sake..... women have babies every minute of everyday and they dont make this much fuss..... i like the royal family and that but its a baby just a normal baby boy...... now been told the baby will be called ibganmi (or how ever u spell it) paddington charles...... i mean they aint even calling it an english british name.... really pisses me off....
    I just don't know why people have to be so grumpy, babies are a happy thing. All over Facebook all I've seen is people whinging that they missed emmerdale cos of the live news. I mean really? it's one day!

For me things like Wimbledon and the Olympics are a lot more intrusive, I really couldn't give a crap about those, but you know what, if you don't wanna see or hear anything about it then don't watch or listen
    A happy thing for Britain would be David Cameron stepping down.
    A happy thing for Britain would be greater tax relief for low paid workers
    A happy thing for Britain would be having arts (our biggest export) funding reinstated and the British film council brought back.

This is not a happy thing. This is a brief little interlude before David Cameron slaps down yet another offence to our civil liberties. Enjoy it while it lasts!
    I think it's all quite lovely and it's a shame that so many people have reacted so negatively. the bottom line is that the future king of England has been born safely and that is an important moment in history. I'm pleased for his parents and pleased for the wider royal family. that's not to say that I don't care about the hundreds of other children born on the same day who will never enjoy such social or financial advantage, because I do. and it doesn't mean that I agree with the amount of money the royal family earn. I am bothered about child poverty at home and worldwide, but that doesn't mean that I'm not pleased about the new baby, who didn't choose any of his future privilege. any baby is a gift, but I don't begrudge the royals their few days in the spotlight. the new prince will be king when the likes of David Cameron will be a distant memory.
    I would prefer a world with out hierarchy. And I think the constant media frenzy is so crazy it could make many royalists feel a bit disinclined. I surprised they didn't publicise his first shit the way it's going...
    now been told the baby will be called ibganmi (or how ever u spell it) paddington charles...... i mean they aint even calling it an english british name.... really pisses me off....

who has told you that?! iv not read that anywhere. even if they didn't call it an English name (which I think is unlikely) why would it matter? bit silly being pissed off about something that hasn't even happened yet.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    sorry but its a baby for christ sake..... women have babies every minute of everyday and they dont make this much fuss..... i like the royal family and that but its a baby just a normal baby boy...... now been told the baby will be called ibganmi (or how ever u spell it) paddington charles...... i mean they aint even calling it an english british name.... really pisses me off....

I think you will find that Kate isn't making any fuss - it's the media. Also, re the name, I think that someone is pulling your leg ;)

WRT the whole thing it is rather exciting. This little baby will, in the future, be our king. It's a special moment for the country. Whether you are a royalist or not, you have to app irate the significance of that.
    The media circus isn't of William and Kate's doing. I'm sure they would have preferred something far more low key .... but it keeps all the Americans (and many other countries) happy and encourgages them to come over and spend their buck$. :)

On a personal level, I'm mildly interested but hardly engrossed by the saga.
    I think it's a filthy little parasite, just like its parents and grandparents and great-grandparents..

What are you basing that on exactly? The fact they're wealthier than you?

Quite conveniently you forget his dad saves lives for a living, his uncle fights on the front lines, his family on his father's side support over 3000 charities, his grandparents on his mother's side are successful business people and most of the rest of his family contribute far more to the country than you do.

What do you do that's so great?
    even if they didn't call it an English name (which I think is unlikely)

It's actually quite likely - word is they're going for a Scottish name.
    It's actually quite likely - word is they're going for a Scottish name.

okay, I probably should have said british. I more meant the chances of it being called something like pedro haha.
    William and Kate are funded by Prince Charles, from the revenues he gets from the Duchy of Cornwall - not from our taxes. Just thought I'd point that out....

The refurbishment of the apartment in Kensington Palace- at a cost of £1m- was not paid for by Charles.

Not to mention that Charles uses his hereditary title to justify not paying tax on profits made by the Duchy of Cornwall: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk-news/2013/jul/15/prince-charles-tax-duchy-cornwall.
    Now you hate a baby. How low can you get?

I hate that baby as much as I hate the other 2100 babies born yesterday, none of whom get the merest mention. But it's ok, I know it's a terribly terribly terribly difficult concept to understand the difference between the person and the institution.

I hate the privilege this child is being born into, the fact that he'll never have to work a day in its life (just like the rest of his family) because of whose vagina he came out of. I hate the fawning over that privilege, as if I'm supposed to think it's fabulous that I'll be paying a fortune for yet another generation of that bloated, greedy and dysfunction family.

Babies born that day get a silver penny piece from the Royal Mint as a "commemoration", but on the same day as the Conservatives propose preventing young single mothers from accessing appropriate housing for their children. The baby born to Kate Cambridge gets a £1m refurbishment on a 21-bedroom apartment, which his family live in rent-free. That's the reality of modern Britain; we may as well bring back serfdom and have done with it.
    Whowhere wrote:
    Quite conveniently you forget his dad saves lives for a living

No he doesn't, the Tories have privatised air-sea rescue. Not to mention the fact he only got the job because of who he is.
    his uncle fights on the front lines

No he doesn't, he goes around fucking strippers in Las Vegas and attending Nazi-themed parties. He's not seen a front line in his life.
    his family on his father's side support over 3000 charities

He doesn't pay tax on his Duchy income though, because he's a royal and tax is for little people.
    his grandparents on his mother's side are successful business people

Yes, yes they are. And good luck to them. The only ones in this tale who have done an honest day's work in their life.

Perhaps they can pay for their daughter's bijou studio apartment* that's a snip at £1,000,000.00 (*21-bedroom luxury mansion in the most expensive bit of London)?
    most of the rest of his family contribute far more to the country than you do.

Prince Andrew, you mean? Do you mean this Prince Andrew? Or do you mean this Prince Andrew? Or do you, in fact, mean this Prince Andrew?

Between trying to cover up whistleblowing, hobnob with war criminals and remains bestest buddies with a child abuser, he sure does contribute a lot to this country :lol:
    What are you basing that on exactly? The fact they're wealthier than you?

Yes, yes, that's exactly it. If I disagree with someone being a free-loading parasite it must be because I'm jealous! :rolleyes:
    I think it's a filthy little parasite
    Doesn't sound like an institution to me.
    I hate the privilege this child is being born into, the fact that he'll never have to work a day in its life (just like the rest of his family) because of whose vagina he came out of. I hate the fawning over that privilege, as if I'm supposed to think it's fabulous that I'll be paying a fortune for yet another generation of that bloated, greedy and dysfunction family.

I already pointed out above why this isn't accurate per se. There was even a nice little video explaining it. There's plenty of reasons to not be a royalist, but the cost argument is a complete red herring.

I am also not in favour of the fawning, but the BBC by charter kind of has to cover it, and the rest of the media jumps on it because it sells news, manufactured buzz or not. It's not a huge deal.
    blah blah blah blah

Last I checked William flew search and rescue helicopters, regardless of who owns the helicopter he is still an RAF pilot and he has still saved lives.
    Last I checked Harry flew apache helicopters in Afghanistan, on the, wait for it, you guessed it, front lines.
    Last I checked the Prince's trust had helped tens of thousands of young people secure work and training
    Last I checked tens of thousands had done the D of E scheme helping them get on in life.
    And again, there are several thousand charities directly patroned or run by the royal family. Tax or not, they put more in than they take out (and since when did we tax charities anyway?)

You can't get over the fact that they contribute far more to society than you ever will. Wow, you pay a few hundred a month in taxes, boo fucking hoo. So do we all.
    You make a joke about being jealous, but the bitterness seeping out of your every pore is so fucking obvious its laughable that you try and deny it.

William and Harry could quite easily have decided not to join the military and not contribute (they pay tax as well btw, probably more than you do), but instead they volunteered to serve their country.
    If anyone is the parasite here, its you. Again, what the hell do you do that makes you so special?
    Also, I'd like to point out I'm no fan of the constant fawning either. Yay, a baby was born hip hip hooray. Doesn't make it a parasite.
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    For me things like Wimbledon and the Olympics are a lot more intrusive, I really couldn't give a crap about those, but you know what, if you don't wanna see or hear anything about it then don't watch or listen

Bit difficult to avoid it when it's everywhere. I was watching something last night (which was nothing to do with the news or the royals) and it came up something about there being a report on this at 7pm on Sky.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Again, what the hell do you do that makes you so special?

Ya ma.
    You make a joke about being jealous, but the bitterness seeping out of your every pore is so fucking obvious its laughable that you try and deny it.

I don't mind people being fabulously wealthy if they've got off their arses and grafted for it. Alan Sugar? Fine with him. Richard Branson? Wish he'd pay his fair share of tax, but otherwise fair play to him.

What I do mind is the way these dysfunctional clots just take and take and take some more, never paying anything in. If you think Charlie has even the slightest involvement in the Prince's Trust, other than to cut the odd ribbon, I'm quite astounded.
    Last I checked Harry flew apache helicopters in Afghanistan, on the, wait for it, you guessed it, front lines.

Last time I checked, Captain Wales qualified as an Apache pilot in, er, July 2013. As for his tours, yes he spent 20 weeks in Afghanistan in late 2012 and 77 days there in 2008, often hidden away so he was in no real danger. He didn't go to Iraq because he's a royal.

Fair play to him if he's good enough to fly Apaches. We'll just gloss over the fact he got through Sandhurst, and got promoted so quickly, just because of who he is.

But never mind all that!
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I already pointed out above why this isn't accurate per se. There was even a nice little video explaining it. There's plenty of reasons to not be a royalist, but the cost argument is a complete red herring.

It depends how you do the sums, really. Normally when people do the sums they include nebulous things like "income from tourism" as a reason why the Royals are good for us. It's as though they genuinely believe the Americans would stop coming to London if we didn't have the Queen.
    I am also not in favour of the fawning, but the BBC by charter kind of has to cover it, and the rest of the media jumps on it because it sells news, manufactured buzz or not. It's not a huge deal.

The coverage is very probably irritating, but people can turn it off (between having no telly and muting the twitter tag #royalbaby I've heard precious little). It doesn't really bother me.
    Ya ma.

I don't mind people being fabulously wealthy if they've got off their arses and grafted for it. Alan Sugar? Fine with him. Richard Branson? Wish he'd pay his fair share of tax, but otherwise fair play to him.

What I do mind is the way these dysfunctional clots just take and take and take some more, never paying anything in. If you think Charlie has even the slightest involvement in the Prince's Trust, other than to cut the odd ribbon, I'm quite astounded.

Last time I checked, Captain Wales qualified as an Apache pilot in, er, July 2013.

But never mind that!

Harry qualified as a Commander in July 2013 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Harry_of_Wales#Military_career. He had been in Afghanistan since Sept 2012.

As for the rest, it's already been discussed and proven the royals give more to the country than they take. But never mind all that, it's the truth and it spoils your argument.