Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lonely

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Over the past year or two I have lost a lot of friends - through my illness keeping me housbound at times, my ex being controlling, my ex best friend spreading pretty horrific rumours about me. I am now starting to try and get myself out and about more often but I'm still missing out on so many things because I don't have someone to go with me. I don't often have people to go out and do things with me unless they are my mother or my personal assistant who is paid to help me.

I hate to say it but I feel like a lot of people just view me as the fat cripple girl who hasn't much going for her. I don't have friends approaching me asking if I want to go out, I'm always asking and always being told they're busy. I'm going to things to try and make more friends but the things I'm doing are generally attended by those with 25+ years on me, and the friends I do have, have their lives and they don't really have time for me.

I guess this is just something I'm going to have to get over, but any advice would be great!

Comments

• Options
    Hey MR,

*hug*

I guess we're spoke on chat tonight and you were mentioning about this friend of yours who needs your help with setting up a radio station so, go for it and you are/ you must be very talented as someone needs your guidance and help to set up such a big project. And, this will keep you busy plus, you get opportunity to meet people on this project work.
    I know you've really had some tough time in past but, take this as an opportunity, you're talented, people need your help/advice/guidance so, definitely you should go for it.
    Its really good to know that you're trying to go out, I'm sure you will get friends soon.
    Have you tried joining any book/film/hobby club around you place where you'll find people of your own age?

xx sam
  • Options
    I keep joining craft groups, but they generally don't have many people my age. I'd like to join a film club - I might get my friend to come with me because I have a carers card for the cinema anyway, but then it's just limiting me to him.
  • Options
    Hey MR,

Joining film club is good, go ahead. Don't think as though you're limiting yourself to him, you might meet more people there and probably your friend has more friends whom he can bring along.

xx sam
  • Options
    just want to say miss riot, that I am in the same/similar situation, I think we have the same illness from what I remember so I understand how lonely it can get. feels like if I want any social life I have to chat online cause my friends -what's left of them- are all busy getting on with life and I feel so left out and behind. I am back with my parents now living in the middle of no where and the dvla won't let me drive, to have that freedom taken away is so awful, i'm so bored, I loved going out on my bike, it meant the world to me. it was like my mobility scooter cause I could park it pretty much anywhere and not have to walk far so I wouldn't get so fatigued. I could go on... but yeah, I don't have advice as such but wanna let you know that i'm in the same boat.
  • Options
    I know i need to work on it, and no one is going to solve i for me but im craving physical affection, justto be held. Im getting so lonely i just want to cry.
  • Options
    I've been feeling really unwell for a couple of weeks and i'm getting really lonely even when people are around. I feel so crap physically and mentally. I really don't know how to get myself out of it this time. I feel like i have no direction, no purpose. I feel like I'm just a big ball of crap. I've really upset a good friend of mine accidentally, and im really annoyed and angry with myself.
  • Options
    :( If they are a good friend then I'm sure they'll understand it was an accident and forget all about whatever it was you did soon enough. Just try to make sure you have things to do to keep you busy (even if it is hanging around with older people at a craft group!) and that will get you out the house if at all possible.
  • Options
    I've been told to stay in bed as much as I can this week, so it's going to be even more lonely than usual :(
  • Options
    :( Do you manage to do things still even if you are stuck in bed most of the time. I find that if I've done something like writing or drawing (even doodles!) that I can look back on and see what I've done with my time I feel like it's been more productive than just chatting or watching TV.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I've been told to stay in bed as much as I can this week, so it's going to be even more lonely than usual :(

Sorry to hear that lovely. Feel free to drop me an pm if you want a chat. hugs
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Already blogged today, run out of my drawing pens and sketchbooks. I might have a scramble through my craft boxes and see if i find anything inspiring.