Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Things to do in bed...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not those kind of things!

I've had a relapse and have been told I'm to spend as much time in bed before Friday so I have enough energy to come to the weekender!

I am struggling to keep myself occupied - I've gone through my DVD collection, I can't decide what knitting project to start, I have lots of books but not a huge amount of patience. So watching TV on the laptop it is unless any of you lot have any suggestions? I'm feeling really lonely as it is, the only people I get to see most of the time are my mum and my carer. I feel kind of trapped, but I know I'll end up in hospital if I keep going, so I don't really have much choice. Riotkitten has decided to come and keep me company which is good, but he generally doesn't like to be more than 10 ft from me. I want someone to make me feel special :(

Are there laterally thinking puzzle books? Crosswords and sudoku annoy me intensely! I can't really do much crafty stuff, unless its sewing because I'll get glue all over the bed sheets.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :naughty:
    There's a puzzle book called Logic Problems. I used to like 'em but as you need a modicum of intelligence not many places sell 'em anymore :) Large WHSmiths used to be the best place
    Ok, I'll get someone to get one for me when they go into town next. I've got tonnes of sewing to do but a lot of it needs to be done on a machine.

I got delivered a pot of special blend earl grey, with a china cup and an saucer of course :) that's cheered me up a bit. I really want company but they'd have to make space at the end of the bed!

I feel a bit shit about being unwell again - mum has cancelled her plans to go camping this week, even though my carer is about after tomorrow Attachment not found.