Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Career vs personal life

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Update.

I have applied formally for the super scary probably beyond my capabilities job. The person who asked me to apply for it has spoken to my current line management, and they've agreed to release me should it all work out. Think now it's a case of wait and see what happens next.
  • Options
    As an update.

Have just been invited to an interview for the massive leap from my current level job. It's next Tuesday. 2 hours in total, one hour technical interview and one hour behavioural interview.

Am currently trying very hard not to go into major freak out mode.
  • Options
    Well the whole interview thing is off to a great start. Was late out of bed, rushed leaving and managed to not pick up laptop or purse. Is going to make for an entirely non productive rest of day around the interview hanging around with very little to do. Did force me into a nice walk in the sunshine though, as with no purse was pretty much the only way to get from the airport to the office.

Things can only get better right?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the day didn't start too well... did things get any better? Do let us know how you got on :)
  • Options
    After that start the day could pretty much only get better.

Interviews were exhausting, but think I gave them a fair impression of myself. No idea whether or not they liked it, but think they definitely got 'me' - which gives me the reassurance that decisions will be made off the right information.

Now it's just a case of wait and see, and no idea how long that waiting will be.

Got home fine, popped into mine, grabbed purse so could get petrol and then headed over to see the boy for the evening who did a wonderful job of providing an unwind evening of chill and chat.
  • Options
    And a further update.

I've officially been offered a new job with the same company. It's back in the real world, in something that could be called a proper city and it's a great career move. :D

So everything should be hunky dory.

The slight catch is that I'm now seeing a guy where I live currently - so if that continues will have to become long distance but overall think it's a winner. :D
  • Options
    For a further update.

Work and personal life are well and truly formally getting tangled today. Still seeing guy from work, still changing jobs and moving to a new location however also decided that to pre empt anyone trying to cause trouble that we need to tell his boss and HR. :s