Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Groups

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
So, I love the new groups feature - click here if you haven't discovered them yet! :yippe: - but there are a few things I've noticed.

Firstly, it's hard to find group messages. This limits people just spying something interesting in the group threads because I reckon a lot of people find us through "new posts".

The groups aren't accessible on mobile, neither through the mobile boards style nor Tapatalk.

The 1000 character limit on posts is tricky for book nominations, because it includes the code and URLs.

Mostly though, I'm proper loving it!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I can't find how to post polls in the groups either
  • Options
    That character limit should be unlimited now :thumb:

Unfortunately the functionality and options for Groups in the back end is pretty limited. When we do the next upgrade it may be that the group features are more flexible!

Fiend - I can't see a poll option either, seems crazy they wouldn't have polls in Groups! Will continue to investigate and let you know if I find anything...

Thanks for the feedback guys and it's great to hear that overall you're loving them :)
  • Options
    Awesome. I figured most of this will be vbulletin rather than TheSite, but thanks for unmounting the characters!
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Just to bump this thread, what do others think of the groups?

Nominations for Book Club (click the link in my sig to see the thread!) have really dropped off, and I wondered if people still see the threads and things? Would it help if we had a thread in the main boards as well, or is it enough to keep bumping the stickies?

Thoughts welcome! :D