Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

facebook help for a friend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi everyone,

wondering if anyone knows the anser to this:

a friend of mine is trying to reset her password on facebook- but when she clicks on forgot password and enters her email address, her acount comes up- and she tells me that it says it suspects it's not her acount.

she clicks on it anyway, then it goes back to the main screen- without any verification

we're both stumped on this- i don't use facebook to start with, and she's never had to reset her password before

Comments

• Options
    When you say her account comes up, if that means logging in, then its not the forget password link she wants. When logged in, you go into settings and change it from there.
  • Options
    i didon't explain well..- guess i suck at explaining

my friend is called michelle- so she's forgot her password, so she clicks on forgot password. then it asks her to enter her email address which she does, presses submit- and it comes up with a link to her acount.. michelle what ever shee calls it. above it, it says we suspect this is not your acount

so she clicks on the link that says michelle, then is taken back to the same screen she just came from

hope that's better?
  • Options
    :chin:
    Maybe she tried resetting facebook password from other device than her primary device. Primary as the device she signed up from or uses most of the time.
    Facebook sends me identity verification code in my mobile phone everytime i try to sign in different device or from different IP.