Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stress and coping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I haven't posted here in a while. I don't really know how to start this but here goes. Last year I moved 100miles from everyone I knew, left a decent job and my social support network for a guy I had been with for 7 years. We had been long-distance then I moved, after three months he cheated on me and dumped me. I was left without a home, or any friends, because he had been so controlling of me I hadn't had the opportunity to meet anyone, he was threatening and he pretty much kept me away from my family. He was not a good person, not the person I thought he was at all.

I decided to carry on with my job here, and make friends, which has been going well but now I'm just sinking into low moods again and don't feel I can cope like I did before. I've recently had health issues since the start of this year which has affected my self-confidence as a person as it's something that I'm sure others can notice as it's my eyes. I've had problems with them before but not like this, so there is a whole host of uncertainty there scare me. I've also had to move again, third time in 9 months, and there have been health problems faced by my parents back home and as a result of all this I just feel myself drifting away from others and just feeling increasingly alone. I don't even get why all this keeps happening and keep asking what i did to deserve it although I know that's not something that's happening because I "deserve it", it's just life, but I'm struggling to cope.

I just wondered if anyone else experienced this and how you cope, because it seems I keep fighting and fighting to get by but rather than getting anywhere I'm just sinking further and further. It sounds melodramatic I know, but it really does feel like it's been one thing after the other.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Ella147

Welcome back to the site :wave:

Sounds like the last year has been very stressful for you, with a lot of new changes that can be difficult to adjust too.

When you were around previously, did you ever get to check out the section here on TheSite about stress? Take a look below; it might contain some info or guidance that could be useful.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/anxietyandstress

Also, have you thought about maybe speaking to your GP about how things have been going for you lately? They might be able to offer some more specific advice.

Check the link above and let us know what you think.

Great to see you back and keep postin!

Phil :thumb: