Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phone Contract

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm really fed up with Vodafone, i'm on a 24 month contract thinking it would be easier than having to keep topping up with credit every week or whatever, but they are taking more than the agreed amount, it should be £13 a month, but sometimes it gets to £35! and i'm not even going over the limits of texting, calling or internet use, I have checked on the site and i'm not, but still getting charged more. I am using direct debit to pay. I'm only 6/7 months in, is there any way I can get out of it and move to a different company?
any advice appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If you think they're overcharging you, the first thing to do is call customer support and explain the situation. If you're right they owe you money, if you're wrong you'll find out why.

Even if you can change company that won't solve the problem.
  • Options
    Even if you can change company that won't solve the problem.

how so?
  • Options
    Have you looked at your itemised bill? That should show you what you're being charged for.

E.g. On my contract, MMS isn't included in my texting limit and my data allowance is fairly low so that tends to be where the money goes.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nutter wrote: »
    how so?
    Because the problem is you've already lost money.
  • Options
    If you wanted to end the contract with Vodafone you'd also have to pay a up-front cancellation fee, which could be anything. I never go with contract.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    If you wanted to end the contract with Vodafone you'd also have to pay a up-front cancellation fee, which could be anything. I never go with contract.

ah... thanks for letting me know. I'll have to go to the Vodafone shop and ask about it I think.
  • Options
    I recently bought myself out of a contract with Vodafone (because they were shit and I wasn't getting anywhere with a phone repair - the phone was only 10 months old) and had to pay the remainder of the contract and there is a fee you have to pay. I had 7 months left and had to pay £56.

Now with T-mobile and am very happy with the service. :)
  • Options
    You need to work out why your bill is high, not worry about the company. If they're overcharging you it's easily solved. If you're exceeding your package limits that is too. Going outside a bundle on a phone is very expensive, maybe look at buying a bigger bundle.

If you don't understand your usage any other provider will be the same.

You've signed up to two years so you have to pay two years.
  • Options
    You've signed up to two years so you have to pay two years.

yeah... you'd think i'd learn from past mistakes!
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    If you've worked out what you're getting charged for and things still don't seem right, the Citizens Advice Bureau's Consumer Advice service are really good on those things. You can call them on 08454 04 05 06. Best not from a mobile :)