Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why flatline?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a one night stand with this guy who i had bumped into a few times but always put off. Anyway he saw me in work last november and started messaging me again ii was wary and in march of this year i finally popped up to see him.

Anyway he was great first couple of wks but then he went flat line on me and i dont know why other than he does a lot of drugs and i mentioned his parents lived close to my sis.

After that he stopped liking stuf on fb stopped texting me as much nada and when i asked him he just said due to his mental illness (hed been off work for 2 months) he wasnt up for a relationship right now

what am i to think with him going so cold

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is this the bipolar one?
    Think that he is telling the truth and isnt ready for a relationship. There isnt anything else to it and when he is ready, and if he wants to, he will come to you
    Does your whole life spin around this one guy? Is there anything else going on in your life? Do you have friends? Your obsession is seriously creepy.
    Is this the bipolar one?

Yes I just feel what have I don't wrong
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey J_g, is this the same guy in this thread? http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/163825-Sour-grapes-!

If it is, then it's best to stick to one thread to avoid confusion

Let me know which one you'd prefer to keep open... :)
    jacobs_gal wrote: »
    Yes I just feel what have I don't wrong

Nothing. Bipolar can be very difficult to deal with and relationships can be difficult.

He's just not ready for one. As he's told you. Let it go.
    Nothing. Bipolar can be very difficult to deal with and relationships can be difficult.

He's just not ready for one. As he's told you. Let it go.

lol he said he just didnt want to lead me on but my mates think its a cop out! But why see so interested then nothing! It was weird
    lol he said he just didnt want to lead me on but my mates think its a cop out! But why see so interested then nothing! It was weird

The one time I've got involved with someone with bipolar, the guy used to completely disappear for days at a time. When it ended he didn't speak to me for two weeks then said he'd found someone else.

Just chalk it up to experience and leave it at that.

People are like that, whether theyve got bipolar or not. You can be getting on great then they change their mind or something happens in their life. He doesnt want a relationship so stop obsessing and move on,