Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Above The Game

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this yet. There's currently a bit of an internet storm raging over an 'author' getting funding for his book 'Above the Game' on kickstarter, which has smashed it's goal of $2000 and is now over $16000. The content is pretty shocking yet Kickstarter are refusing to take it down. (see here)
Looking through some extracts it makes for some pretty disturbing reading....
“Decide that you’re going to sit in a position where you can rub her leg and back. Physically pick her up and sit her on your lap. Don’t ask for permission. Be dominant. Force her to rebuff your advances.”

I'll let you guys look into the rest. I'm just interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    I'd heard about it on Reddit. There have been some foul books, there are fouler videos (think A Serbian Film which is horrific apparently) that aren't banned.
  • Options
    It's another shit pick-up artist book. But that quote doesn't look like it would be out of place in a "spice up your sex life" article in a normal magazine. It's hard to judge without reading them in context.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I'd heard about it on Reddit. There have been some foul books, there are fouler videos (think A Serbian Film which is horrific apparently) that aren't banned.

I watched that and it's so fucked up. Not just gross, like the Human Centipede, but fucked up. It really had a lasting effect on me.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds like a crappy book Jomery would want to read.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
  • Options
    Kickstarter have apologised and made a donation to RAINN.

I absolutely recommend watching the documentary Shy Boys IRL to see the kind of weirdos that are drawn to the PUA game. The pickup artist in the film has clearly never even spoken to a woman but positions himself as an expert with some of the most amazingly shit advice.

I reckon a good 99% of people claiming to be pickup artists have had ZERO success. Not to make excuses for the writer of the book, which is reprehensible, but I'm going to guess that he is just parroting garbage he's read on the web.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Skive wrote: »
    Sounds like a crappy book Jomery would want to read.

that's a name I'd almost blanked out! ;)