Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

positive reasons to be alive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone :)

Holly, from thesite towers came across this blog post, about positive reasons to stay alive. In leaders chat we were talking about our reasons and wanted to open up the discussion to everyone here. So, what are your positive reasons to be alive?

Looking forward to reading your responses :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    because best to our knowledge there is nothing else but your life?
    Because, I'm a dreamer and I believe in miracles, I have faith and I think it'll get better one day so, I'll enjoy all these days with pain because, one day they'll be worth all. :)
    things always have the potential to get better
    This might sound a little complex and I apologise because I don't know who said this but;

"The one greater feeling than fear is hope"

If I fear death then I hope for a better future...the fear of the unknown (after death) is probably a factor in why I'm still here...therefore, I only have hope (and lots of great support from you guys) to keep me going :)

I'll shut up rambling now!
    because despite what you think, everyone would be really sad if you died
  • Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    All the beautiful music and literature you would miss, and the feeling of being contented as one in over seven billion with a breath of air in your lungs, wherever and whoever you are.
    All the beautiful music and literature you would miss, and the feeling of being contented as one in over seven billion with a breath of air in your lungs, wherever and whoever you are.

Oooh! I've heard those wise words before. Starry, only you could talk about music, literature, art and make death look all so small and fragile. Because, no matter how many deaths an artist dies, the art always lives on. :)