Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Think Positive Chat: Thursday 27th June, 7.30-9pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone :wave:

On Thursday 27th June from 7.30-9pm normal support chat will be replaced by our new Positive Thinking session :)

Are you experiencing symptoms of depression or anxiety? For example low moods, feeling tense, uncertain or fearful about things? This chat is a chance to work through what you already do or would be willing to try, to improve your mental health. Symptoms of depression and anxiety can be experienced by people from all walks of life, with a mental health condition or not.

Here's some feedback from our previous positive thinking chats:
“I thought the chat was really good, I did learn a lot from it, and I felt a lot more positive afterwards.”
"Everyone was given the time to answer the questions and there was no pressure to answer them. We shared lots of different ideas to help you to feel better and thought about the positive things that help us."
"

6835586760_618a6c21fe.jpg

How will it work?
You'll spend an hour and a half exploring some of the positive things about yourself, how it would feel if the positive changes you would like happened, and the different ways you've managed to make even small amounts of progress.

The aim is to get a bit of a boost when it comes to dealing with your problems, gain a bit of fresh perspective on what you've done well, and think about some positive things that you don't always think about.

The mod (ME!) will keep things friendly and informal, asking some simple questions and allowing you to move at your own pace. You can ask if you don't understand a question, or just not answer it at all - whatever you feel comfortable with. You can also look forward to positive support from other people in the chat :)

We've made a decision not to publish the transcripts so everything that is said in the chat stays in the chat!

Where do I sign up?
There are 10 places for this chat so you’ll need to sign up. If you don’t get a place we will invite you to come along and watch and then you can come to the next one - we'll be running them once a month. If you’re not sure about signing up you can PM me or reply to this thread with any questions :) We do these chats in a small group so that everyone gets the chance to contribute and the pace of the chat is easy to follow.

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Can you do it twice?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    *Bump*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Can you do it twice?

Yep! :)
    I filled the form but, how do you chat? Do I need to download some application for it?
    ash2000 wrote: »
    I filled the form but, how do you chat? Do I need to download some application for it?

Hey ash2000, thanks for signing up and welcome to TheSite :wave: At this stage that is all you need to do :) You're on the list and you have a place for Thursday.

I'll be in touch by sending you a PM (private message) on Thursday with the final details and link to log in :thumb: