Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Our Troops

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah i can see what your saying...... yeah thats what im saying its not more what my friend said its the actions yeah it might onli be a cooked breakfast but why should it be cut out? And people who do murder and manslaughter or whatever get everything all 3 cooked meals, a tv, games, a playstation.... can u understand what i meant from this thread?
    I can totally understand your sentiment and your heart is 100% in the right place. Guys and girls out there do manage to carry on much of the time because of the support they know they have back in the UK. Though I've not been out there for a few months and I can't remember the last time I had a cooked breakfast, I mainly have cereal. Camp Bastion is still serving hot breakfasts (for information).
    that was my whole point of this thread that they were cutting meals for our troops but not for those who deserve it eg those locked up.
    i dont really understand it all tbh even though my friend tell me all about it.. some of it sticks and some dont.
    i take my hat off to you to be in the army
    I know people that have been on short stints in prison and I can assure you any food they do get is shit nutritionally and tastes pretty crap too. They aren't allowed to cook their own food (unless they work in the kitchens) and we can't starve them. What do you suggest we do? Breach their human rights? Many don't get a cooked breakfast btw. Often it's not a cooked lunch either.
    that was my whole point of this thread that they were cutting meals for our troops but not for those who deserve it eg those locked up.
    i dont really understand it all tbh even though my friend tell me all about it.. some of it sticks and some dont.
    i take my hat off to you to be in the army

They're not cutting a meal though, even if the rumours were true the americans were talking about a cooked meal. They didnt actually say that they would be stopping breakfast.
    Have you ever been inside a prison to know what it's really like, or are you just going by what the media (who don't always report the truth) tell you?
    Your friend is mistaken MrsMceldery
    Melian wrote: »
    Have you ever been inside a prison to know what it's really like, or are you just going by what the media (who don't always report the truth) tell you?

Even if all prisons were like the 5 star hotels some people think them to be, that whole not being able to do what you want and when you want to do it, and being locked up in a cell, still has an effect on people.