Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Leaving my private stuff (diaries) behind

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Basically, the short story is I am going abroad for a year , maybe slightly longer and so I am limited with luggage space.
Over the course of growing up, I have accumulated diaries I attempted to write, some which have some dark stuff in. I don't want to take them travel with me, nor do I think I have the strength to chuck them out for good. They remind me of good times too, as well as bad. The only option left is to leave them behind, at my parents.
I am so scared they will find them. They have never gone rummaging in my room as far as I can tell, but still, if these were read, well, it'd be a mess. Any recommendations what I could do? I am at a loss.

I also have a corset/pants/suspender set.... and again, no idea what to do with that. Kind want to keep it (cos it is practically band new nd not because I use it), but it may have to go. Not something I want my parents/sibling seeing either.

I have a "good girl nothing is wrong image" perfected with them!

Advice?! I didn't want to post on here but really can't see what to do.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Anywhere in your room you could put a lock on like a cupboard or maybe even a box that's hidden in a cupboard/wardrobe so it's not immediately obvious when they walk in?

Or anybody you know that you trust that you could leave the stuff and they could hang onto it for you?
    Get a petty cash box (can buy them in Tesco even). The coin compartment lifts out and you should be able to store A5 sized notebooks in there pretty easily.

My mum actually bought me one specifically for that purpose when I was 13 or so and my sister found and read my diary.
    I've got some stuff still at my parents that I think I'd rather they didn't see. It's well burried in with dull boring stuff that they'd never have any cause to go through while I'm not there, like old school books.

Similarly with the underwear, if you suitably bury it amongst other clothing then chances of it ever getting touched are pretty slim - unless your sibling or parents are likely to want to borrow some of your clothes.

That, or can you drop a small box/bag of stuff with a friend?
    A locked box like Franki said. I left all my diaries and similar in one at my parents' house when I moved to France.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    When I went abroad and had to leave all such things behind I left my diaries and MH stuff all behind at my parents' house but just mixed in with so many other bits and bobs in a large bag that they would have to fight through to get there with no potential gain at the end of it!
    thanks guys :) they won''t have a reason to go rummaging but I am a bit worried just in case they find it all the same. I will buy a locked box and bury it away :)