Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Things to do without Internet!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going to be somewhere isolated potentially without Internet for 10 days and I haven't a clue what I'll do. I'm going because I have to not because I want to, and I'm not likely to have much company during the day. What can I do? I'm just taking hand luggage so all my books have to be ebooks, I have 2 mags that aren't electronic that I like, but the rest will have to be. I'm also a little short on money so I don't want to be spending loads of money on stuff. I can't really go exploring on my own, but I'm wondering about taking my knitting with me. Can I do that ? If not can anyone suggest some hand luggage friendly crafts?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I frequently fly with circular needles and it's never been a problem. Officially I think you can't have knitting needles in handluggage, but to put it another way, how are they ever going to tell you've got circular needles in the handluggae and not say, pens.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Knitting sounds good. :)
    Word searches, erm.. what sort of things interest you?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Books are good, can't stand word searches and stuff like that. Anything crafty, I haven't got the best of attention spans right now.
    Masturbation ?
    Great answer! Not sure I'll have the privacy!

I'm wondering if there's any other crafty things I could do. I can write a fair bit - I've got a sample of Stephen fry's book about writing poetry so that might help.
    Aren't ypu in TheSite weaving tong? How about some incredibly complex patterns ?
    Ravelry? Yep I'm on that, but wool costs a fair bit tbh
    How about a trundle down the A14 ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-22974515

:)

or knit me a cardy for the winter. acrylic/cotton wool only, though I found out how to make wool not itchy :) pref not beige, chunky knit with buttons or a zip :)
    What a Pratt!

I would offer but I'm much better with small projects - I've only just about finished my first jumper!!
    You can take knitting needles on flights but it's probably less of a headache if there's a WIP already on them. I'd probably take a couple of skeins of sock yarn and a pair already on the needles (magic loop is the way to go).
    I have sleeves to knit and I do have some sock wool I could do. I just cannot remember the sodding needle size for the sleeves!!