Home Travel & Free Time Creative
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

inspiration needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to start to write poems, or a story, or something, but I want to be creative with words. I was wondering if anyone had any inspiration tips? :)

thanks xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey :wave:

Just going to move this over in to the Creative forum :thumb:
    oops didn't realise there was one, sorry :)
    Hey I usually find listening to some of my favourite songs inspires me!:)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    Ellie :) wrote: »
    Hey I usually find listening to some of my favourite songs inspires me!:)

thanks, i'll try that!:)
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    My biggest inspiration is prompts - this means when someone gives you an exercise, theme or idea to start from. Lots of poets share them with each other and I imagine you might find some on Deviant Art - http://prompts-for-poets.deviantart.com/gallery/35141111

For example, today's prompt could be (based on the slang thread I posted in anything goes) 'The way I speak' - the poem could be about the way you express yourself verbally - for example: do you have an accent? Do you use certain words more than others? Do you have a soft or loud voice... that kind of thing :) Let me know if you give it a go ;)
    thanks, i'll try it tomorrow :D