Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

summer job problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i've finished school for the summer now, and obviously need a job. most of my friends already have one, and its not finding one that i'm most worried about (even though i still am worried about it) its that i have my counselling mid afternoon each wednesday at school, and i dunno when my cahms one will be.

also i have a trip to berlin and a summer camp already paid - and i don't know whether to mentions these or not? will they all loose me the chance of even getting a job?

any thoughts?:)

thankyou

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you asked your counselling at school if they have any information about other counselling, or various support groups, that you can get involved with in the summer? That might help.

With regards to the job, yes! Honesty is always the best policy. It may make it less likely for you to get a job (but not impossible!), but you've booked the holidays now and you can't undo that. Presumably you will be wanting a reference from this job for when you look for full-time jobs in the future - it would be great if they'd be able to say that you were a good employee, rather than someone who was secretive and rubbed them up the wrong way. I mean obviously you don't have to advertise the fact that you will be going on holiday when applying for jobs, but its something to mention during interviews, especially if they ask you!
    ilikeeggs wrote: »
    Have you asked your counselling at school if they have any information about other counselling, or various support groups, that you can get involved with in the summer?

With regards to the job, yes! Honesty is always the best policy.

..to mention during interviews, especially if they ask you!

Thankyou + I'll ask them today.

So to I put that on my cv or just mention it at the interview?
    Mention it in interviews, not on C.V. :)
    ilikeeggs wrote: »
    Mention it in interviews, not on C.V. :)

okay thankyou:)
    Or on the application form, some forms have a space for pre-booked holidays e.t.c.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Or on the application form, some forms have a space for pre-booked holidays e.t.c.

okay thankyou:)