Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Judge not, lest ye be judged

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had the unfortunate experience of working at a grocery store and to pass the time I judge people by their groceries and imagine how their night will be spent. I'm probably way off on most accounts.

Today I walk into a store wearing a t-shirt with a pot joke and buy beer and brownie mix. Whatever image that cashier was thinking, I can guarantee was way off. I haven't done laundry in ages and was craving something sweet, and that looked cheap and tasty. I will spend the rest of the night watching tv and knitting alone. Once I got home I decided I didn't even want the brownies anyways.

So, what have you done that probably gave one impression of you, when the exact opposite was true?

Comments

• Options
    Go anywhere wearing a uniform and the judgment will be instant.
  • Options
    I repeated get tutted at by the same old lady for being 'hooded youth'. Yes, I am wearing my hood up. It is raining. And if you bothered to look closely, 99% of the time its a girl guiding hoody I'm wearing, 'cos I volunteer. Really little old lady? :L

Nina x
  • Options
    I bought 2 packs of zig zag papers, a can of lighter gas, 2 packs of cigarettes, 3 chocolate muffins and a 6 pack of wotsits at 7am - one might think I was going to use the fags and papers to roll joints then tan the lighter gas and eat munchies - but I was buying single items for several people instead of just me!

The funniest purchase I ever made someone make was a pack of 3 thongs, a bottle of lube, a pack of condoms and 4 cans of stella, whatever impression you get from that is true.
  • Options
    I always thought it was fun to play a game with it. Go in and buy 5 items to make the cashier worry. Bin bags, hacksaw, bleach, duct tape, chocolate bar.
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    New lingerie, strawberries, cherries,chocolate,whipped cream, candles.. In fact I was just having my friends round and happened to spot some really pretty set of underwear. I wanted to buy something random like pizza to cover it up in the basket but I alredy bought everything else I needed before.The cashier was a guy, looked at me as I left, swear I heard him say 'Have fun....'.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    I always thought it was fun to play a game with it. Go in and buy 5 items to make the cashier worry. Bin bags, hacksaw, bleach, duct tape, chocolate bar.

Done it, kind of. Bin bags, rubber gloves, bleach, set of kitchen knives, and a big bag of Haribo from Sainsburys :o
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    This happened last year when me (female), another girl and a guy went to the alcohol superstore to buy some alcohol for about 15 people; we ended up with 4 bottles of vodka, 2 bottles of gin, 10 cartons of fruit juice and 5 of coke... the guy serving us winked at the guy we were with and said 'looks like you're gonna have a great night' winked, seemingly assuming that the guy was about to get very lucky - if only he knew it was for a big cocktail bucket!!
  • Options
    I once bought just a bottle of vodka and a tub of ice cream. My friend joked to the cashier that i looked liked i was in for a night of depression and crying after a break up, til i pointed out the vodka was a present and i just like ice cream! ;)
  • Options
    I went into a mcdonalds once and ordered 10 big macs. The guy looked at me like I was ordering them all for myself. They werent, honestly. Honest they werent....*wipes away big mac juice* They werent all for me okay?!?!?
  • Options
    Best way to get a reaction? Goto the checkout with a big box of tissues, lube and a miley cyrus dvd.....
  • Options
    when I worked in a supermarket an elderly couple used to come in every week and buy about ten tubes of haemorrhoid cream, I used to always think bloody hell they must have problems but then I found out the man was still a tattooist and used it on people's tattoos
    afterwards for some reason. made a bit more sense :)
  • Options
    when I worked in a supermarket an elderly couple used to come in every week and buy about ten tubes of haemorrhoid cream, I used to always think bloody hell they must have problems but then I found out the man was still a tattooist and used it on people's tattoos
    afterwards for some reason. made a bit more sense :)

Ha, that is awesome :D
  • Options
    Yup.

The inevitable has happened when your best friend is a guy.
    Yup.
    I've "liked" him for nearly 3 years and i've been told he likes me too.
    How do i even go about this without completely screwing up 5 years of friendship?
  • Options
    This is a genius thread- glad it got bought up by spam! I missed it the fist time round and have just spent a few minutes giggling to myself!
  • Options
    In a trolley in Sainsburys' i saw a couple with 1 litre of Bacardi, 1 Litre of Smirnoff, 1 Litre of Three Barrels, 1 Litre of Gordons Gin, 1 litre of Bells Whisky, 4 Boxes of Terrys' All Gold chocolates and 3 x 12 Pack of Durex Variety !
  • Options
    I used to work as a cashier at a supermarket and never really paid much attention to what people bought - usually it was all pretty inconspicuous. I used to be more shocked at the sheer amounts people would spend on stuff that they didn't really need.
  • Options
    I took my 5 year old cousin to the park when I was 12 and someone moved their child away from my cousin because she saw me as an unfit mum because alex was running around screaming,and I was told to "Control your daughter"...To which I responded "I played with barbies dolls at 7..not babies" BOOM...

I didn't (cause I wasn't) look old enough to have a child, but she judged that I was not only a young mother, but a rubbish oen too...Cheeky moo!
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    In a trolley in Sainsburys' i saw a couple with 1 litre of Bacardi, 1 Litre of Smirnoff, 1 Litre of Three Barrels, 1 Litre of Gordons Gin, 1 litre of Bells Whisky, 4 Boxes of Terrys' All Gold chocolates and 3 x 12 Pack of Durex Variety !

You "saw a couple". Yeah right.

Mr and Mr Rubberskin I'll bet :lol:
  • Options
    you know full well that Kevvy would have had a triple pack of vodka and it would be in the co-op so he could get his divvie points
  • Options
    Once went into a shop and brought an envelope, stamp and a 16 packs of love heart sweets. The woman turned round and went do you plan on posting those? and winked at me. Just stood there awkwardly before walking out.

Had one serious craving for love heart sweets :yum:
  • Options
    yeah I know, it's a completely nightmare.
  • Options
    Best way to get judged?

Go to the checkout with a Miley Cyrus DVD, some lube and a box of Kleenex.....
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Best way to get judged?

So much that you posted it twice? :p
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Best way to get judged?

collecting_double_takes.png

xkcd for the win.