Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Spanish and what other subject?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Currently taking a year out from studying, didn't enjoy what I was doing and due to the rules with SFE, I can't get a student loan until next year.

Currently self-teaching Spanish and am planning on doing Spanish next year at OU. But what other subject should I do beside it? I have options of humanities, another language, (French / German) science, law, psychology and business.

Currently not working due to disabilities and am not sure what I really want to do.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't suggest another language (although German is amazing!), I tried to do 2 at A level and even though German and Spanish are totally different I still got them mixed up.

Other than that, psychology's awesome :D
    is this to keep your mind occupied or to further your education?

If its to further your education, what is it you want to do career wise?
    It's to keep me occupied.

I used to do French and Spanish at school and would get really confused with studying both at the same time.
    Law sits very well with a language, as does psychology, career-wise but if it's just for fun then you need something that you're really passionate about. What gets you excited?

Lovely to see you again, btw
    Thanks. :) I'm considering Law, which was the subject I had to drop out of; as I was struggling too much. But it was a lot of to do with some personal issues and my head not being in the right place.
    A humanity might be good - sociology, philosphy, or some such?
    One of by best friends did a degree in French and Spanish, it sounded great fun.

Have you considered volunteering to occupy your time? If you look around, there may be some opportunities that you can do - such as perhaps being a leader on this site!
    You can apply to be a leader here: http://vinspired.com/activities/110557-thesite-org-leaders
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I'd definitely say do something that you are interested in - this makes everything a lot easier!

If you still do enjoy Law, you could do that as half your degree then with the Spanish.